What kind of performance do we get Saturday? | Syracusefan.com

What kind of performance do we get Saturday?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I truly have no idea what to expect from this team. Sadly at this point the only thing that would surprise me is us dominating from start to finish. I can't imagine the frustration being an insider on this team about the disparity in how this team can play. The unknown and the inconsistency has to be frustrating.

Jalen Carey will get some run and score 6.

Coming off 2 losses being on the bubble I hope its their best effort.
I feel horrible that I never introduced you to the bracket matrix. You'd sleep much better at night. We are so far from the bubble that its silly. But alas, its not your fault. You didn't know about the bracket matrix. Now, you can rest peacefully tonight.
bracketmatrix.com

I truly have no idea what to expect from this team. Sadly at this point the only thing that would surprise me is us dominating from start to finish. I can't imagine the frustration being an insider on this team about the disparity in how this team can play. The unknown and the inconsistency has to be frustrating.

A Louisville type thrashing. The team can exhale, they are through the gauntlet, and didn't convert a couple opportunities to raise their NCAA seed, but certainly have shown improvement. Roles are well defined, and Wake is porous on D, I feel sorry for them.

We played extremely well against UNC save the FT and rebounding effort. Factor in the horrible calls and we were right there. Thrashed Louisville and fought hard late against Duke.

I'm hoping and expecting the game to be decided in the first half.

noon start. coming off 3 marquee games. with another marquee game 48 hrs later. i fully expect us to have a slow start and be a close low scoring game at half. 2nd half we'll build a lead but i think this is gonna be a very ugly game

We played extremely well against UNC save the FT and rebounding effort. Factor in the horrible calls and we were right there. Thrashed Louisville and fought hard late against Duke.

I'm hoping and expecting the game to be decided in the first half.
I’m not sure how you can say we played extremely well when we got outrebounded by 20 and were lousy from the foul line. They are both important to win. We also put the other team on the foul line 37 times. You can’t pick and choose what aspects of the game are important. If you want to beat top teams you have to do everything well.

I feel horrible that I never introduced you to the bracket matrix. You'd sleep much better at night. We are so far from the bubble that its silly. But alas, its not your fault. You didn't know about the bracket matrix. Now, you can rest peacefully tonight.
bracketmatrix.com
If we lose out are we a lock?

I am going for my third game of the year, attending the WF game . I attended the VT and NC St games and both of them were bummers. I turned down two tickets to the UNC game last week, I just couldn't get myself up for another beating. Excited about Saturday's game since we will be taking our triplet grandchildren (6 yrs old) to their first Syracuse game. They are already BIG Cuse fans, living in Virginia.

LETS GO ORANGE!!

If we lose out are we a lock?
That would make us 18-14, 9-9 ACC. Not ideal, obviously, but I think we get in. PIG probably, but I think we make it on the 8 Q1/Q2 wins. Weak/shallow bubble this year.
1551396154170.gif

bracketmatrix.com

I love Bracketmatrix and I check it everyday, but nobody from this site is on the committee.

Last year, in the last Bracketmatrix projection right before Selection Sunday (see below), basically none of these guys had us in the field, and we got in. Why couldn't that work in reverse this year?

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 7.38.48 PM.png

Of course not. You called us a current bubble team which is very far from accurate. Could we play ourselves onto the bubble? Absolutely.
Maybe i should have phrased it better. There is still work left to do.

Can someone explain the context of the NET rankings to me? Right now we are 44th. What does that mean? I'm honestly not clear on it.

Can someone explain the context of the NET rankings to me? Right now we are 44th. What does that mean? I'm honestly not clear on it.

It replaced the RPI and is based on performance. Similar to KenPom. The committee will look at wins first then use the Net for seeding according to what has been explained.

44 is a good number. But I dont understand the Net.

I love Bracketmatrix and I check it everyday, but nobody from this site is on the committee.

Last year, in the last Bracketmatrix projection right before Selection Sunday (see below), basically none of these guys had us in the field, and we got in. Why couldn't that work in reverse this year?

View attachment 154874

Except the teams they miss on are 11 seeds and not 9 seeds if you look at previous years. Last year most people had us out and USC or St Mary’s in instead of us. If we are a 9 or higher on the matrix after the ACC tourney we are getting in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom