What looked like an over and back in the first half? | Syracusefan.com

What looked like an over and back in the first half?

Charlie

Walk On
I had to watch at a bar with no sound. Can someone explained what happened? Sorry if it has been discussed already.

I had to watch at a bar with no sound. Can someone explained what happened? Sorry if it has been discussed already.

It wasn't - just like against Marquette. The players bring on this call by attempting to keep their feet in the front court and reach for the ball in the backcourt, as if they aren't allowed to go there.

Watching it, I thought guy caught the ball in the front court and without dribbling hopped into the backcourt. Am I wrong? Maybe I'll watch the replay on 360... Thanks for the response though

Watching it, I thought guy caught the ball in the front court and without dribbling hopped into the backcourt. Am I wrong? Maybe I'll watch the replay on 360... Thanks for the response though

The ball hit his hands when he was in the frontcourt but it's momentum carried it into the backcourt where he gained possession.

To be considered to have established possession in the front court, he'd have to have control of the ball and two feet down.

how can so few players understand this basic rule? basically there is no way you can be called for a backcourt violation on an inbounds pass unless you really, really ,really screw up.

how can so few players understand this basic rule? basically there is no way you can be called for a backcourt violation on an inbounds pass unless you really, really ,really screw up.

Considering an NCAA officiating crew didn't know the rule and cost us a critical possession in the tourney last year, I wouldn't get too down on a player knowing it.

That's what I thought too. He appreared to catch the ball in the front court, leaning toward the back court and then bunny hopped back to catch his balance. I thought it was an obvious travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom