What Makes College Hoops The Perfect Sport? | Syracusefan.com

What Makes College Hoops The Perfect Sport?

Lucid

Last One Picked
Here are MY top 5 reasons why I LOVE college basketball, and especially SU basketball...
  • The chance for excitement just about every 20-30 seconds
  • It doesn't take a whole afternoon or evening to watch a game
  • The incredible atmosphere in a packed arena
  • Players like Rony Seikaly, Hakim Warrick, Gerry McNamara, and C J Fair
  • Buzzer Beaters, Baby!

Faaaaar less than perfect. Baseball still gets it right. Most people call the baseball season way too long and a bore, but when you look at it closely, every game matters unlike any other league. From april to September, it all matters. Compared to all the other pro leagues, baseball has the smallest amount of entries into the playoffs, maximizing the importance of every reg season game. In the nhl and nba, half the league makes the post season. The NHL might be the least insignificant as reg season 8 seeds beat 1 seeds often. The nfl has 1/4 of the league make the playoffs and wildcards win superbowls. Back to the sport we love. Honestly, the NCAA champ is the winner of a 3 week tourney. The previous 4 months have zero pressure and only involve teams getting a few key wins. Once in the tourney, its all about matchups and placing.

Faaaaar less than perfect. Baseball still gets it right. Most people call the baseball season way too long and a bore, but when you look at it closely, every game matters unlike any other league. From april to September, it all matters. Compared to all the other pro leagues, baseball has the smallest amount of entries into the playoffs, maximizing the importance of every reg season game. In the nhl and nba, half the league makes the post season. The NHL might be the least insignificant as reg season 8 seeds beat 1 seeds often. The nfl has 1/4 of the league make the playoffs and wildcards win superbowls. Back to the sport we love. Honestly, the NCAA champ is the winner of a 3 week tourney. The previous 4 months have zero pressure and only involve teams getting a few key wins. Once in the tourney, its all about matchups and placing.

My counterargument: baseball is boring.

My counterargument: baseball is boring.

Thats your opinion. But, still doesn't defend my post about the sport relative to other sports:)

a loss in college hoops, football or lacrosse is far more catastrophic than a loss in baseball. each game matters. it's not even comparable.

If I was being completely honest, being a Syracuse fan is the only thing g that keeps me interested in college hoops.

I love college hoops, but I have a real hard time watching games when Syracuse isn't playing well. Its amazing if Syracuse wins a game, I am watching like 5 other games, 10 halftimes shows to see our highlights, we lose and I am looking for movies and tv shows to watch to take my mind off of bball.

I love college hoops, but I have a real hard time watching games when Syracuse isn't playing well. Its amazing if Syracuse wins a game, I am watching like 5 other games, 10 halftimes shows to see our highlights, we lose and I am looking for movies and tv shows to watch to take my mind off of bball.
I watch ACC action and UCLA too. The Bruins are an amazing team to watch right now. From there, I watch to see certain programs lose game. This has been a good CBB season (other than SU being pedestrian). Better than most seasons the last 10 or so years.