What people forget with these conference tournament | Syracusefan.com

What people forget with these conference tournament

Alsacs

Living Legend
The ACC is so deep that your first game is against NCAA tournament team. These other conference tournaments all these bubble teams are getting one layup. That is why I am not as worried as others. We played Miami in our first game. A lot of other bubble teams would have lost to Miami in their first game. However because those conferences are not as a deep they get a freebie win.

I think we are in.I don't even think we're going to be in Dayton.

Last edited:
I lost whatever respect I once had for Palm after this year. If he doesn't think cuse should get in, fine. But what he is doing is ridiculous.

wake and su are pretty much tied. if they dont take both they they dont value the ACC at all when there is a chance now that the ACC gets 4-5 top 4 seeds.

our power played true to form in our tourney unlike the b12 and b10 and SEC

CBS pushes the BIG 10. ESPN pushes the ACC. That's what I get from these bracketologists.

1. I don't think it's fair to fully say our competition got layup wins and we lost to Miami.

We had 6 close competitors entering tourney week. 3 of the 6 pulled off wins that were harder than our Miami game.

Xavier beat Butler
Vanderbilt beat Florida
Kansas St beat Baylor

The other 3 had wins that don't really make a difference. Layup wins make no difference - you are correct in that.

USC over some schmuck P12 team that only BPO would think was good.
Wake over BC
Rhode Island over 2 middling A-10 teams.

So at least 3 of 6 closest teams did better than us. If we focus on conference tourney play it did hurt us, because some of our competitors got marquee wins on neutral floors. But how much did it hurt us? Which leads to my next, more importnat point.

2. This is a 32-35 game season. Everything gets assessed. We tend to overvalue the conference tourney and assume the committee has them all tied entering tourney week, so that every game is pushing teams up or down when something big happens. It's natural human reaction to the "now". And the committee does not usually have this in the now approach. It's possible the one game for Kansas St/Baylor made the difference, but it's also possible it had no impact. We don't know where the rankings and gaps were before this week.

It's still a full season game by game evaluation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom