What Program does the AAC Add? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Program does the AAC Add?

They should cut one. Too many schools wasting time and money trying to be FBS. FCS is just fine.

Learn from UConn. And they started out with a new stadium and new dedicated football facility. Still didn’t make it.

No. No it couldn’t. Not in a million years. Not even if they were good at sports.
That’s just not true
They should cut one. Too many schools wasting time and money trying to be FBS. FCS is just fine.

Learn from UConn. And they started out with a new stadium and new dedicated football facility. Still didn’t make it.
UMass makes considerably more money being FBS than they would being FCS

How are they fixed for all-sports members? If they need one for balance, etc., then I don't know who they'd consider a good candidate. If they can take someone as a football-only member, then Army.
Until their latest hire ARmy football was a mess. Once this guy gets a better offer and leaves, or the rules further eliminate that offense, Army will once again be a mess. I get the marketing end but that loses luster when they fall back to being awful and are consistently getting their hat handed to them.

Umass if they want to annoy Uconn. I’d want to keep a toe in the northeast instead of adding a lesser version of Tulsa.

UMass makes considerably more money being FBS than they would being FCS

And will probably spend considerably more than they take in. If they take this seriously.

If it's just a money grab, then the AAC should know better.

And will probably spend considerably more than they take in. If they take this seriously.

If it's just a money grab, then the AAC should know better.
They made a great HC hire, FSU’s OC Walt Bell, and are renovating the god awful stadium and adding a practice bubble right now. Their record in football and basketball may leave a lot to be desired but both programs are in much better positions than it looks from the outside.

And the #1 campus dining in the country

Last edited:
Appalachian State Mountaineers They give a lot of teams fits and fit into the AAC's southern and western trend.

My dark horse candidate -- IF the AAC chooses to add -- is Colorado State. If an eastern school is selected I'd go with UB.

American Samoa.
The teams east of the Appalachian Mountains will fly eastbound to get there. Teams west of the Appalachian‘s will fly westbound.

They made a great HC hire, FSU’s OC Walt Bell, and are renovating the god awful stadium and adding a practice bubble right now. Their record in football and basketball may leave a lot to be desired but both programs are in much better positions than it looks from the outside.

And the #1 campus dining in the country
I did not know that. The dining, that is.

I did not know that. The dining, that is.
It blows any other college I’ve visited out of the water. Besides the partying and sleeping in 6 days per week it’s one of the things I’ll miss the most

It blows any other college I’ve visited out of the water. Besides the partying and sleeping in 6 days per week it’s one of the things I’ll miss the most
There is a bit of animosity towards UMASS from some Syrfan members, but that sounds like some solid college life going on in Amherst, IMO.

There is a bit of animosity towards UMASS from some Syrfan members, but that sounds like some solid college life going on in Amherst, IMO.
It’s a great combination of schools to cheer for, really. Cuse and UMass are unlikely to compete for anything barring a random non-con agreement or NCAA tourney matchup if UMass gets it together. I was born and raised to bleed orange just like everyone here but I’m pretty confident we’ll all be in favor of the same team when UMass plays Rutgers week one

Can this be moved to the OT board? People want UB in the ACC!!! People must have dusted off the old Big East hats this weekend when we dreamed of adding schools like ECU, my god, UB in the ACC!!!!!

The other irony of all this...it looks like no matter what happens...UConn vs Umass is going to be an annual game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom