What will it take for Penn Staters to turn on Paterno? | Syracusefan.com

What will it take for Penn Staters to turn on Paterno?

SU2NASA

All American
If all of these rumors of known cover-ups in 1998 for his resignation, pimping out boys to wealthy donors, and whatever disgusting information is yet to come out, how long will they stand by him?

What the hell is it going to take for these people to join reality? I question the humanity of those people on the PSU boards, and the students that took to the streets to protest and riot for the sake of someone who enabled a serial child abuser to sexually assault children on their campus, in their facilities.

You would think losing a bowl bid or two could do something, but that might cause them to rally around him. It may take the death penalty for them to come around.

To be fair, most PSU grads I know are horrified by this situation and most accepted that Paterno had to go. I think it's a vocal minority on the internet and on campus that are totally ing insane.

Of the Penn State grads I've seen posting on FB, they don't seem to really connect Paterno to Sandusky's crimes. They blame Sandusky, that coward grad student, the BOT, but not Paterno because 'Paterno did the exactly the right thing'.
Whatever other charges come out, I'm not so sure that they'll stick to Paterno with these people.

If all of these rumors of known cover-ups in 1998 for his resignation, pimping out boys to wealthy donors, and whatever disgusting information is yet to come out, how long will they stand by him?

What the hell is it going to take for these people to join reality? I question the humanity of those people on the PSU boards, and the students that took to the streets to protest and riot for the sake of someone who enabled a serial child abuser to sexually assault children on their campus, in their facilities.

I think once the full story comes out, that will finally turn them. You can ignore the grand jury report (there are obviously huge holes in the full history of what has transpired), you can call the BoT idiots, you can blame the media, but once the full facts come out, I think there will be a very rude awakening for those that choose to be in denial.

There are people who still believe Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester just because he was the king of pop. Joe pa is their Jacko. They'll never turn against their god regardless of facts.

There are people who still believe Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester just because he was the king of pop. Joe pa is their Jacko. They'll never turn against their god regardless of facts.

He made Thriller!

Chapelle show flashback

Not sure if they'll ever turn. What needs to be shown or taught to them is, regardless of the particulars of this situation, a responsible adult has a greater moral and ethical obligation than to do the minimum required by law. That is what they are sticking to, he did what was required. When you are in a position of authority your obligation is much higher than the minimum required by law.