What would our RPI have been | Syracusefan.com

What would our RPI have been

samspann1

Living Legend
if we had swapped out losses to crap/mediocre programs like Gtown, St. John's and UConn with losses to perennially good/elite programs like Kansas, Michigan State, Zona, Kentucky?

We needs to stop scheduling these crappy teams - beating them does nothing for us, and losing to them clearly hurts quite a bit.

At the end of the day, failing to show up against teams like SJU and @ Boston College probably cost us a bid. But Vandy getting a 9 seed and USC getting an at-large bid is pretty laughable to me.

if we had swapped out losses to crap/mediocre programs like Gtown, St. John's and UConn with losses to perennially good/elite programs like Kansas, Michigan State, Zona, Kentucky?

We needs to stop scheduling these crappy teams - beating them does nothing for us, and losing to them clearly hurts quite a bit.

At the end of the day, failing to show up against teams like SJU and @ Boston College probably cost us a bid. But Vandy getting a 9 seed and USC getting an at-large bid is pretty laughable to me.

Stop. We lost to 3 crappy teams at home. We don't deserve to be in the tournament.

Stop. We lost to 3 crappy teams at home. We don't deserve to be in the tournament.

Did I say that we "deserved" a bid?

BTW, who were the 3 "crappy" home losses? SJU, Georgetown,...

With a team that didn't have much time together. The longer it played the better it got. But I think I agree that maybe we shouldn't schedule St Johns anymore, obviously they're a lose-lose scenario. Because we either lose to a sub-200 team or beat a sub-200 team. Neither are good in the committee's eyes.

Are we talking about our schedule when we're a 3 seed? Sheesh. We're not St. Bonaventure (sorry Bonnies)...

Are we talking about our schedule when we're a 3 seed? Sheesh. We're not St. Bonaventure (sorry Bonnies)...

3 seed? That was a long time ago.

Huh? How long have you been following the team? 3 years?

3 seasons ago is kind of a long time.

And yes, I'm a new fan. Just started watching after the Zaga game last year.

We shouldn't have scheduled the top three of our most heated rivalries outside ACC in the same season when we had to start with transfers and freshmen. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Even we corrected the problem in the late season, the damage is done!

3 seasons ago is kind of a long time.

And yes, I'm a new fan. Just started watching after the Zaga game last year.
Fair enough.That explains a lot. We've been a top 5 seed 25 times since 1980. No offense but hard to make posts like that when you have no perspective. Its not about the schedule. We win our games and we're not worried about this stuff. Wait, are you telling the truth? How do you know Sam Spann?...

With a team that didn't have much time together. The longer it played the better it got. But I think I agree that maybe we shouldn't schedule St Johns anymore, obviously they're a lose-lose scenario. Because we either lose to a sub-200 team or beat a sub-200 team. Neither are good in the committee's eyes.

How about we just beat teams we should beat?

Fair enough.That explains a lot. We've been a top 5 seed 25 times since 1980. No offense but hard to make posts like that when you have no perspective. Its not about the schedule. We win our games and we're not worried about this stuff. Wait, are you telling the truth? How do you know Sam Spann?...

I was being sarcastic. I've been a fan since the days of Pearl.

I was being sarcastic. I've been a fan since the days of Pearl.
lol! realized it as I was typing and looked at your post count. So you really can't think our schedule is to blame. We beat those scrub BE teams and we're still sitting on a decent seed...