What?? | Syracusefan.com

What??

pearl31

in cahoots
uh whut?
2018-09-25_0903.png

just talked to box office:
"as of right now we don't know when we'll have tickets for sale for the Duke game"

There’s still season tickets available....

If those don’t sell I’m sure they will be released.

I'm chatting with one of the guys too. They are holding these hostage to make you buy seasons or a 9 pack. He won't tell me when they will release them otherwise. What a disaster. Only other game I'm looking to fly home for besides the Nov 9/10 football/bball doubleheader.

By my count there is 1660 season tickets still available for sale.

Family packs are avail. 2 adults and 2 kids for $165. In sec 317/318. Jumping on that since that's exactly what I need any way.

Stubhub is your friend.

It's definitely not. Paying those prices right now is ridiculous, you're just paying an amount that a scalper is hoping for. There's almost no situation where stubhub is a smart use until you are nearing the day of the game and they all have to start unloading their inventory and prices crater. Think I ended up with 4 tix for under $100 for the game 2 years ago.

I mean - what exactly are they doing wrong? Trying to sell more seasons and multiple game packs before releasing their hottest single game? Did it in 2014 and again the next time Duke came.

I mean - what exactly are they doing wrong? Trying to sell more seasons and multiple game packs before releasing their hottest single game? Did it in 2014 and again the next time Duke came.
yeah great. those of us coming from out of town and only able to go to one game kind of need to plan in advance and, oh I don't know, have a ticket in hand

yeah great. those of us coming from out of town and only able to go to one game kind of need to plan in advance and, oh I don't know, have a ticket in hand

It's September 25th. Those tickets will be available sometime in November is my guess

It's definitely not. Paying those prices right now is ridiculous, you're just paying an amount that a scalper is hoping for. There's almost no situation where stubhub is a smart use until you are nearing the day of the game and they all have to start unloading their inventory and prices crater. Think I ended up with 4 tix for under $100 for the game 2 years ago.

I didn't say buy them today. Normally these things shake loose late. Seller's market now.

I didn't say buy them today. Normally these things shake loose late. Seller's market now.
again, some of us need ticket in hand to lock up hotel, flight ,etc

again, some of us need ticket in hand to lock up hotel, flight ,etc

I've done this as well, first Duke game was a cluster. Second was better but the demand wasn't the same. The ticket is the easiest thing to get. I'd get the hotel first and work that way.

I've done this as well, first Duke game was a cluster. Second was better but the demand wasn't the same. The ticket is the easiest thing to get. I'd get the hotel first and work that way.
yep, did get the hotel first, and want to get the flight booked asap - dunno maybe I'm too much of a worry wart but I'd be very very nervous having that all done w/o a ticket

I agree, there is always tickets around. I'm flying in from FL for it and the tickets were the least of my worries. I could've waited but that family plan thing averaging out to a little over $40 a seat was too good to pass up. Seat location in 317/318 is pretty terrible but it'll do.

yep, did get the hotel first, and want to get the flight booked asap - dunno maybe I'm too much of a worry wart but I'd be very very nervous having that all done w/o a ticket

Might be a little early to get the best deal on flight too. I'd set a price alert on kayak and wait for it to hit a sweet spot and then jump on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom