What's more frustrating? | Syracusefan.com

What's more frustrating?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Being totally outclassed or being at least as good as the other team and just giving the game away through turnovers and special teams?

This is a great question. Its certainy more frustrating to feel like you now have the players to win every game you play yet continue to shoot yourself in the foot. . At the same time, as frustrating as it is, there is clearly hope which we didn't have during the GRob era (cue a Bees response). I go into all of these games now thinking we can pull out victories.

The question to me is whether These struggles and constant self inflicted wounds are correctable and simply a frustrating part of the process of learning how to win again or are they inherent to a Marrone coached team.

Personally, I'm not ready to say with certainty that we can't clean this up and win some more games to close out the year. Now if we lose to This Uconn team, I think this could be it for Marrone. But even still, I will evaluate him on his full body of work and not half way through the season.

If you think we are just as good as Rutgers you're not being realistic - not even close.

Anybody who was there yesterday saw that Rutgers has many more big, strong and fast athletes than we do.

One good example is the wideout - No. 17 - Colemen.

He's 6' 6" and 220 plus pounds - and he can run. They have other WRs who nearly as big. They have a TE who is 6' 6" and weighs 250 pounds and can run.

We don't have guys like that yet.

We are getting closer. But we are not as talented as Rutgers. Any presumption to the contrary is simply not accurate.

And that kind of thinking prompts unrealistic expectations and eventual calls for Bobby Petrino as the new HC at Syracuse University.

And it's wrong.

If you think we are just as good as Rutgers you're not being realistic - not even close.

Anybody who was there yesterday saw that Rutgers has many more big, strong and fast athletes than we do.

He's 6' 6" and 220 plus pounds - and he can run. They have other WRs who nearly as big. They have a TE who is 6' 6" and weighs 250 pounds and can run.

We are getting closer. But we are not as talented as Rutgers. Any presumption to the contrary is simply not accurate.

And that kind of thinking prompts unrealistic expectations and eventual calls for Bobby Petrino as the new HC at Syracuse University.

And it's wrong.

So we should focus our anger on the person responsible for recruiting then? Oh wait-

And it's wrong.

Are you ever right about anything? The talent gap is really, really narrow between these two teams at this point. Have no clue what games you watch. None at all.

Are you ever right about anything? The talent gap is really, really narrow between these two teams at this point. Have no clue what games you watch. None at all.

He confuses athletes for FB players. They are not one in the same. The RU WRs are good athletes but they suck as WRs.

Back to you other comment the problem is we are at the stage of you win some you lose some. The problem is we are not winning some. Because of that we HAVE to win the next two games to make up for it. If we do not, Marrone is toast. No way he sticks around if we are 3-9 or worse.

He confuses athletes for FB players. They are not one in the same. The RU WRs are good athletes but they suck as WRs.

Back to you other comment the problem is we are at the stage of you win some you lose some. The problem is we are not winning some. Because of that we HAVE to win the next two games to make up for it. If we do not, Marrone is toast. No way he sticks around if we are 3-9 or worse.

We are 1-1 in conference, and I expect to be 2-1 a week from now. In our conference, we are going to win some and we are going to lose some this year. It stands to reason that the losses are going to come as road underdogs. So I'm not as upset as some This weekend.

I'm actually encouraged that I thought we actually did deserve to win the game. I'm encouraged that the defense Is coming together. We are right at the door and every game is winnable. Clearly, if he ends up going 3-9, he should be a goner. I would be shocked if that happens. We are going to win some and lose some this year.

And it's wrong.

Our DL dominated the Line of scrimmage-Considering the spots our D were put in, they were excellent. RU's receivers are big, but saw a lot of drops on few pass attempts. There's a reason why Rutgers focuses on running the ball. On offense, we moved the ball much more effectively than them. Nassib just needs to protect the ball, as he was responsible for nearly every turnover...and he is big and strong.

And it's wrong.

Curious. How did we beat the 'Girls when Marrone first arrived? How did we get to 8 wins in year two...and why have we lost 9 of our last 11?

There are macro reasons the program faces (facilities, money) and then more on the field ones related to the players and coaching. Just astounds me that we can show early progress each year, then regress as the season goes on...EACH year.

I also agree, there is a big talent gap between our players and Rutgers. That is fairly obvious if you take off the orange tinted glasses. Just because their coaching staff didn't put them in the best position to make plays (on offense) doesn't make them less talented.

How do you know the rutgirls wr's suck? There is almost no focus to include them in the game, when they were included in the game they looked pretty damn good. When Sales caught the ball and ran I thought he had 15 pound weights on his leg. So the 1 handed catch in the first half by one of their wr's wasn't as impressive as our wr's dropping balls and not getting open? Plus, who do we have to replace our great wr corp? Keenan Hale who has the height but gives up at least 50 pounds compared to the Rutgers wr's.

I'm not saying they are significantly more talented but they absolutely have more talent than we do, that is just a fact.

Curious. How did we beat the 'Girls when Marrone first arrived? How did we get to 8 wins in year two...and why have we lost 9 of our last 11?

There are macro reasons the program faces (facilities, money) and then more on the field ones related to the players and coaching. Just astounds me that we can show early progress each year, then regress as the season goes on...EACH year.

Were you there yesterday?

I can tell you that this year's Rutgers team is better than last year's team and way better than the 2010 team.

This team is bigger, faster, stronger and better at QB than those teams.

The Rutgers QB is not flashy, but he doesn't make mistakes and can run a bit when need be. He was also under very little pressure yesterday - as opposed to the pressure that Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith and Chandler Jones applied two years ago.

So I don't find anything "curious" about what happened yesterday.

I can tell you that this year's Rutgers team is better than last year's team and way better than the 2010 team.

NO. I was not there yesterday.

Congrats to them.

The Rutgers QB is not flashy, but he doesn't make mistakes and can run a bit when need be. He was also under very little pressure yesterday - as opposed to the pressure that Doug Hogue and Derrell Smith and Chandler Jones applied two years ago.

So we had more success under Marrone when he had GRob's players.

I do. Marrone was hired to close the gap, change culture, produce wins. Instead, as you insinuate, the gap might not be closing. And if they are continuing to stockpile more talent while we seek to get nicer facilities, etc., then it would be nice to perhaps have our teams show some discipline and not hand over games where we outgain and/or outperform the other teams superior athletes.

Their offense is so powerful they are ranked 99th in the country on offense, and that's against a creampuff schedule. They were also doubled in yardage and 1st downs by a team that kept shooting itself in the foot.

Yea, there was a huge talent gap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Getting beat bothers me but at least you can tip your cap and say good game, you beat us but losing and losing like this is a whole different thing. USC was better even though SU did have their shots but the other 5...they are losses and these stat sheet stuffer games are nice to finally have but these young men have to step up and learn to play the game with total execution and no excuses...do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom