What's more likely, a win over USC or a loss to Stony Brook? | Syracusefan.com

What's more likely, a win over USC or a loss to Stony Brook?

What is more likely?

• Beating USC

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Losing to Stony Brook

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
In another thread, somebody mentioned that the only near-sure-things on the schedule were losing to USC and beating Stony Brook. I agree, but just for fun, which scenario do you think is more likely?

I think it's more likely we lose to a very good FCS team, than it is likely that we beat the best team in the country.

Beat 'em both! Thinking about losing is for losers!

I have mentioned it a few times so I dont want to sound like a broken record but this team should not sleep on Stony Brook. Look there not the 1AA team that went into Michigan and won by any stretch but this is a team with at least a handfull of D1-A transfers and a roster made up of mostly NYC kids who all feel SU overlooked them and whose coach is probably pumping them up for this game like its the superbowl. If SU is 0-2 going into the game with about 20,000 people in the stands and we come out flat again like we did versus Rhode Island and Maine the past few seasons this game could be a lot closer then it should be and a potential disaster. That being said I would like to think that in year four under Marrone this will be a game that by the mid point of the third quarter SU is up at least 2+ scores.

Syracuse will not take Stony Brook lightly. That being said, we may be 2-0 going int0 that game and an absolute freight train for them to deal with. Nassib tears opponents like this apart. 0% chance we lose to Stony Brook this year.

A win over USC followed up by a home loss one week later to Stony Brook would be quite a story. Almost makes me want to root for it. Almost.

Syracuse will not take Stony Brook lightly. That being said, we may be 2-0 going int0 that game and an absolute freight train for them to deal with. Nassib tears opponents like this apart. 0% chance we lose to Stony Brook this year.

SU will be 1-1 going into that game in the best case scenario, while I like SU to win this game easily, how does Nassib tear up these kinds of opponents? Do you remember the 21 total points last year against RI?

If God told me that one and only one of those is certain to happen, I would put my money on beating USC.

Of course, we were shutout by a crappy Rutgers team the week before we beat Nebraska in '84. Hmmmmm.

In another thread, somebody mentioned that the only near-sure-things on the schedule were losing to USC and beating Stony Brook. I agree, but just for fun, which scenario do you think is more likely?
Beating U$C of course.

SU will be 1-1 going into that game in the best case scenario, while I like SU to win this game easily, how does Nassib tear up these kinds of opponents? Do you remember the 21 total points last year against RI?

Just trying to give the opposite of your doomsday scenario.

Do you remember Nassib's stat line in that game vs RI last year?
29-37 318 yards 3 TD 1 INT 78% comp 171 rating
How bout his 5 TD game vs Maine the year prior?

Nassib cleans up in games like this.

A win over USC followed up by a home loss one week later to Stony Brook would be quite a story. Almost makes me want to root for it. Almost.

That would top the letdown from the 1997 season opening beatdown of Wisconsin followed by that OT loss to NC St.

Just trying to give the opposite of your doomsday scenario.

Do you remember Nassib's stat line in that game vs RI last year?
29-37 318 yards 3 TD 1 INT 78% comp 171 rating
How bout his 5 TD game vs Maine the year prior?

Nassib cleans up in games like this.

Yeah, he played well in the Rhode Island game; we got off to a fine start but we stagnated after trying to force the running game. The 21-14 score gets remembered, but Nassib wasn't responsible for that. He was crisp that day.

Sorry, but 2-0 is best case scenario, not 1-1.

It escaped me that Stony Brook was a top 25 FCS team last year. I think a loss to them is the far more likely scenario. I still don't think it will happen.

that happened once before,we lost to rutgirls and then beat nebraska

I don't know why so many people are gripping about Stony Brook. An absolutely terrible Buffalo team beat Stony Brook 35-7 last year. And it should have been 42-7. UB had a touchdown taken away because of a ridiculous celebration penalty.

I don't know why so many people are gripping about Stony Brook. An absolutely terrible Buffalo team beat Stony Brook 35-7 last year. And it should have been 42-7. UB had a touchdown taken away because of a ridiculous celebration penalty.

I dont think anyone honestly believes SU will lose to Stony Brook, I think myself and others have mentiond that the game could be closer then it should be due to a variety of factors including our mediocore performances against 1AA teams the past few years. Either way we all expect an SU win and hopefullly its by a large margin.

i kind of feel like id like to make that happen too. of course id then like to break that contract in the 4th qtr of the stoneybrook game...butch and marcellus wallace style.

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom