What's Next for the Final Four? Lower Ticket Prices Among Changes Coming (IL) | Syracusefan.com

What's Next for the Final Four? Lower Ticket Prices Among Changes Coming (IL)

“Ticket prices are reflective of the guarantee the host has to pay the NCAA"

move it back to campus. byrd and rutgers. if some of these crazy places win the bid attendance i'd imagine will be dreadful. Tampa Bay’s Raymond James Stadium, Jacksonville’s EverBank Field, Chicago’s Soldier Field ...really ?

“Ticket prices are reflective of the guarantee the host has to pay the NCAA"

move it back to campus. byrd and rutgers. if some of these crazy places win the bid attendance i'd imagine will be dreadful. Tampa Bay’s Raymond James Stadium, Jacksonville’s EverBank Field, Chicago’s Soldier Field ...really ?

That's the problem. Does UMd want to do it?

The game moved from Byrd to M&T because UMd wanted to take a break from running the Final. Rather than concede the Finals to points north permanently, the 4 D-1 schools in B'more worked with the Ravens to put in a bid. The NCAA fell in love with the money and did everything they could to discourage non-NFL venues from applying, alternating between B'more and Philly. Then Robert Kraft started working with Harvard to get a bid for one way in-one way out Foxboro. Sadly, I can't recall seeing a news item that said UMd feels they have rested enough and want to run the Finals again.

That's the problem. Does UMd want to do it?

The game moved from Byrd to M&T because UMd wanted to take a break from running the Final. Rather than concede the Finals to points north permanently, the 4 D-1 schools in B'more worked with the Ravens to put in a bid. The NCAA fell in love with the money and did everything they could to discourage non-NFL venues from applying, alternating between B'more and Philly. Then Robert Kraft started working with Harvard to get a bid for one way in-one way out Foxboro. Sadly, I can't recall seeing a news item that said UMd feels they have rested enough and want to run the Finals again.

Crazy. Why would MD want to 'rest from hosting the final 4'?

They don't like working? or, making money?

Crazy. Why would MD want to 'rest from hosting the final 4'?

They don't like working? or, making money?

All I can say is that's the reason they gave at the time. I liked it at Byrd (I had a place I used to park for free and not get caught in the traffic). I didn't like it in M&T as much as Byrd. Until they bring the prices down, I'll have to be more selective about which Final 4 games I go to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom