Whats really starting to piss me off | Syracusefan.com

Whats really starting to piss me off

SaintTristan

Starter
is ESPN. This f*cker Mark Schwartz conducts this interview as if its a fact, at one point telling Davis that Fine "took away his innocence." Thats infuriating.

[by the way, how many times did Davis say "you know" in his interview. I hate that.]

So many other things about ESPN are BS too.

For instance, they hide behind this shield that several years ago they had this story but didnt say anything because they could not find a collaborating witnesses, even though they spoke to several people at the time. But dont worry because ESPN's integrity is still in tact because now they have finally found a collaborating witness, the alleged victim's step-bro, and by the way he is a drunk. but at least they found a collaborator. No need to speak to those guys who said this was BS. We got a drunk guy and his credibility is unimpeachable.

But Fine isnt without blame too. Whatever he did to try and help these kids clearly didnt help because they are both losers. He should stick to teaching big men how to post up and leave the save the world crap to others.

is ESPN. This f*cker Mark Schwartz conducts this interview as if its a fact, at one point telling Davis that Fine "took away his innocence." Thats infuriating.

[by the way, how many times did Davis say "you know" in his interview. I hate that.]

For instance, they hide behind this shield that several years ago they had this story but didnt say anything because they could not find a collaborating witnesses, even though they spoke to several people at the time. But dont worry because ESPN's integrity is still in tact because now they have finally found a collaborating witness, the alleged victim's step-bro, and by the way he is a drunk. but at least they found a collaborator. No need to speak to those guys who said this was BS. We got a drunk guy and his credibility is impeachable.

But Fine isnt without blame too. Whatever he did to try and help these kids clearly didnt help because they are both losers. He should stick to teaching big men how to post up and leave the save the world crap to others.
We dont always agree on much, but you and I are in complete agreement here. Good post Tristy.

Schwarz has to feel like he is the knight riding in on a white horse here.

If these allegations are true, he is.

If these allegations are not, he's toast.

My problem is I don't think he's a reporter anymore, he's an advocate now. His stories are all biased at this point.

This is so excellent.

For instance, they hide behind this shield that several years ago they had this story but didnt say anything because they could not find a collaborating witnesses, even though they spoke to several people at the time. But dont worry because ESPN's integrity is still in tact because now they have finally found a collaborating witness, the alleged victim's step-bro, and by the way he is a drunk. but at least they found a collaborator. No need to speak to those guys who said this was BS.

If the charges are ever proven to be true, by witholding the information they had in 2005, ESPN allowed for 6 more years of potential abuse to occur. Isn't that what they have been condemning Paterno, McQuery, et al about?

If the charges are ever proven to be true, by witholding the information they had in 2005, ESPN allowed for 6 more years of potential abuse to occur. Isn't that what they have been condemning Paterno, McQuery, et al about?

Yes, it's exactly the same if someone at ESPN walked in on Bernie Fine raping someone. Which they didn't.

But Fine isnt without blame too. Whatever he did to try and help these kids clearly didnt help because they are both losers.

That is classic.

Was thinking about this, but because they knew that these guys went to the police ESPN is probably safe on this point. But espn anyways.

By the way, SU needs to hire a lawyer and then send a warm x-mas card to ESPN reminding them that they have hired a lawyer and will be monitoring ESPN for any slanderous statements. The thing that sucks is that it really doesnt matter how this investigation ends up. SU will be mentioned every time PSU is mentioned. The damage to Fine, JB and SU is already done.

Yes, it's exactly the same if someone at ESPN walked in on Bernie Fine raping someone. Which they didn't.
Um, no. The fact they had information in 2005 and withheld it is similar though. Sorry my point went over your head.

Was thinking about this, but because they knew that these guys went to the police ESPN is probably safe on this point. But espn anyways.

By the way, SU needs to hire a lawyer and then send a warm x-mas card to ESPN reminding them that they have hired a lawyer and will be monitoring ESPN for any slanderous statements. The thing that sucks is that it really doesnt matter how this investigation ends up. SU will be mentioned every time PSU is mentioned. The damage to Fine, JB and SU is already done.
Paging Emil Rossi...

Best post Tristan ever made by far, really spot on.

Reporters have a vested interest in creating and furthering a big juicy story that gets readers/viewers interest and hypes ratings/circulation and makes a name for themselves for advancement. You have to take what they say with a healthy skepticism. Law enforcement will get to the facts.

I don't think syracuse will be lumped in with PSU if nothing else comes out. The story is already raising eyebrows across the country. If no one else jumps in, soon, Mark will be all alone on this.

Um, no. The fact they had information in 2005 and withheld it is similar though. Sorry my point went over your head.

My point is the situations are different. ESPN had claims from one person, which they couldn't verify.

Penn State had a third party who was witness to an actual crime happening, which was swept under the rug. And they had already investigated the guy for the same thing 4 years earlier.

or if they were in a position where they had a legal obligation to report, or if they were the perpetrator's employer and were providing him the means (enticement to lure in his victims) and place to perpetrate his crimes...... which again they were not.

Schwarz has to feel like he is the knight riding in on a white horse here.

If these allegations are true, he is.

If these allegations are not, he's toast.

My problem is I don't think he's a reporter anymore, he's an advocate now. His stories are all biased at this point.

"To elucidate more than to advocate"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHGHm8iPeUY

or if they were in a position where they had a legal obligation to report, which they also did not.

Wonder how the SOL works here. Do you have the obligation to report something if the SOL has passed? (I don;'t know)

And what is the standard. If someone tells you they were molested, and says "these 5 people will verify my story", then you talk to them, and they all deny it, are you still obligated to report it?

This isn't Penn State. They had a smoking gun.

And what if he did help 10 or 5 or even just one other kid in need?

Other than that, good post.

What are you talking about? PSU conducted an investigation by having a few guys talk around Joe Paterno's kitchen table.

SU reported to the police and then conducted its own 4 month long investigation conducted by a well respected law firm that specializes in representing colleges and universities.

What are you talking about? PSU conducted an investigation by having a few guys talk around Joe Paterno's kitchen table.

SU reported to the police and then conducted its own 4 month long investigation conducted by a well respected law firm that specializes in representing colleges and universities.

NOT SU!! ESPN!!!! Follow the goddamn thread. I was responding to Tristan's comments about ESPN and was pointing out how sanctimonious they were now trying to be about this when they largely ignored it in 2005. Jeesh. Forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom