What's Up with Carmelo ???? | Syracusefan.com

What's Up with Carmelo ????

newmexicuse

All Conference
Knicks blow an 11 point lead in the 4th to the Celts. Melo goes 1 for 8 down the stretch. He is only something like 1 of his last 16 on game winning or tying shots in the last minute.

Melo has been known as a Mr. Clutch until recently.

The situation in NY is not good. It should improve somewhat when Chandler returns, but nonetheless it is still sickly.

Is the big stage too much for even Melo ? Has he lost interest due to all the problems ? Or more simply, are his skills declining ?

I am now hearing some trade rumors. I am sure nothing gets done ASAP, but if the situation doesn't improve NY may have to do a deal rather than risk losing him for nothing after he opts out.

Any thoughts ???

The Kyle Lowery trade really, really, really needed to happen.

The Kyle Lowery trade really, really, really needed to happen.
No way, it would be more mortgaging of what little future the Knicks have for a rental player. First time Dolan did anything right - will he stick to his guns ??

The Knicks are going nowhere this season regardless.

Celtics usually blow leads in the 4th quarter, not overtake teams. Melo is not declining in skill. He can still light it up. Perhaps the overall probs are getting to him mentally, which affect his game or he then pushes too hard which affects his game. That team needs to unify and come together. All teams have injuries, can't just use that as an excuse even if it contributes to the probs. Me being a Celts fan doesn't want the Knicks to get it together too much, but I rather have the C's get a lottery pick in next year's draft anyway, so go ahead Knicks, improve.

He's playing way too many minutes which is why he's gassed in the 4th. The MSG announcers bring this up almost every game now.

Woodson is an AWFUL coach. Everytime the score gets close late, Potato-head panics and calls iso-Melo and everyone just stands around.

Switching, the defense is atrocious and teams can always get a mismatch if they run a pick play. Not to mention the guards on this team can't guard anyone, Iman included lately.

The guards on the Knicks are THE WORST in the NBA. Prigs, Felton and Udrih can't shoot, can't guard and and can't penetrate. None of them would play major minutes on any other team.

Zero production out of the 2g spot. JR and Iman are a joke.

Team is shot unless they bolster the backcourt and replace Woodson.

Woodson is an AWFUL coach. Everytime the score gets close late, Potato-head panics and calls iso-Melo and everyone just stands around.

how anyone hired him after the hawks and the "iso Joe" is beyond me.

Melo is playing too many minutes for way too long. He looks tired. He has to carry the entire load. Nobody else on that team can score. The guards are a disaster. None of them can hit a shot. Would you want any of their guards to take a big shot in a late and close situation?

Keep Melo and chandler, trade/cut everyone else.

The players seemed to be going pretty well under him last season, so I think he bought himself a little time just from that standpoint. However, that time is/was up. I would imagine the "Chandler is out" excuse is getting him a longer leash.

At the same time, I'm not sure who can get this team going with that group of guards right now. They all seem to have gone off the rails...still, Woodson needs to go, and they need to make some sort of move for a competent guard.