When can January enrollees | Syracusefan.com

When can January enrollees

sign LOI.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Building on that question, how exactly does that work? Kids enrolling in January--notably eligible JUCOs and prep school kids, but also including kids who graduate from high school early--need to arrive on campus before national LOI day in February. What process governs these recruits who enroll early?

I don't think a kid has to sign a LOI to enroll. The LOI merely binds the kid to the school. I think they can sign a financial aid agreement at any time, so that their scholarship kicks in.

I've actually heard some sports talk guys suggest the highest rated prospects that aren't sure where they want to go should sign financial aid agreements with multiple schools and decide when he's ready without ever signing a LOI. This would only work with the elite prospects, however, because schools wouldn't hold spots for anyone else.

IMO, admission of student athletes should be no different that students-at-large. The latter receive an acceptance letter (sort of like a written offer), followed by a financial aid award letter. Once you sign your acceptance letter, you're legally bound to that school. Many schools also have a binding "early acceptance" or "early decision" option, which is a lot like an early signing period for athletes (which maybe football needs).

I don't kids are bound to any school after signing acceptance letters, dont they just forfeit moneys they spent to apply? LOI are different than acceptance letters in that kids cant go anyplace else under scholie, not that they cant go to another school at all..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom