When was the last time an SU player | Syracusefan.com

When was the last time an SU player

jordoo

Living Legend
Just something that came up elsewhere that had me thinking. Tyler Roberson has now had two games this season with 17 rebounds. Regardless of the competition that's a pretty impressive feat. I wondered when the last time an SU player had two 17 or more rebound games in a season. Maybe Rick Jackson as a senior? Rakeem had 15 and 16 this year. This really can be a good rebounding team as we usually have 2 of Rak, Tyler and Chris on the floor and Mike is over 4 per but has been better than that of late. BJ per minute is also a very good rebounder.

Anyways I wondered who could answer my question? All I have is a like to offer, which is pretty lame.

Rebounding:
Rak: 11.4 per 40m 1 every 3.5m
Tyler: 11 per 40m 1 every 3.6m
Chris: 10 per 40m 1 every 4m
BJ: 10.3 per 40m 1 every 3.9m

jordoo said:
Just something that came up elsewhere that had me thinking. Tyler Roberson has now had two games this season with 17 rebounds. Regardless of the competition that's a pretty impressive feat. I wondered when the last time an SU player had two 17 or more rebound games in a season. Maybe Rick Jackson as a senior? Rakeem had 15 and 16 this year. This really can be a good rebounding team as we usually have 2 of Rak, Tyler and Chris on the floor and Mike is over 4 per but has been better than that of late. BJ per minute is also a very good rebounder. Anyways I wondered who could answer my question? All I have is a like to offer, which is pretty lame. Rebounding: Rak: 11.4 per 40m 1 every 3.5m Tyler: 11 per 40m 1 every 3.6m Chris: 10 per 40m 1 every 4m BJ: 10.3 per 40m 1 every 3.9m

My guess would be Rick. But I'm curious to this answer as well.

Rick Jackson seems to be the correct answer based on my quick search.

Against Detroit-Mercy (11/16/2010): 22 trb
Against Providence (12/28/2010): 17 trb

He also had a bunch more 10-16 trb games that year.

I remember being shocked at his slimmed down self in Orange Madness that season.

Thanks and I have delivered the "like" as promised . . . . . not that anyone cares.

Jerome lane was maybe the best cbb rebounder of all time. Hate pitt and dont know what happened to him after college, but the guy was a machine, breaking orange hearts and backboards at the same time. Nothin like an old pitt su game

One of my all time favorites.
Slick Rick the Ruler, he's "cooler than an ice Brick"
rick-jackson.jpg

One of my all time favorites.
Slick Rick the Ruler, he's "cooler than an ice Brick"
rick-jackson.jpg

JB & Rick had that classic JB/bigman relationship his first two seasons. Trying to play on the wing only amplified it and got him the QuickHook so much that what happened to Fab and Rak as freshman should have been called the "Rickhook". Really a lot of fun to watch Big Rick develop over 4 year.

pulaski74 said:
Jerome lane was maybe the best cbb rebounder of all time. Hate pitt and dont know what happened to him after college, but the guy was a machine, breaking orange hearts and backboards at the same time. Nothin like an old pitt su game
The best cbb rebounders I have seen were gathers and Duncan. Best pro I've seen was Barkley.

Watched Feherty do an interview with Doc Rivers. He asked him which stat was most important to him. Rebounding! His thought was that usually the team that gets the most shots is going to win. And, his favorite rebounder of all time was Rodman who he called a very smart player.

Forgot about rodman but we are talking cbb and at 6 6 lane was incredible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom