When you compare all Sports the ACC is the best Conf | Syracusefan.com

When you compare all Sports the ACC is the best Conf

kcsu

Living Legend
When you compare all major sports the ACC really is the best Conf. In football you have Miami, Florida State, GT, Clemson, NC, Pitt, Syracuse, BC all of which have been great programs for many years. Sure some of them are down now but over the long haul these teams can compete with just about anyone.

On the Basketball side we are beyond loaded. SU, NC, Duke, Pitt, and until recently Wake BC Virginia and Maryland have all been top programs.

The ACC will dominate Lacrosse and the Soccer and Baseball programs of many of these schools end up in the Nationals and at Omaha each year.

As to academics we can compete with anyone.

All in all Syracuse is very fortunate to have landed in the ACC. I truly think that it is as close to a perfect fit as we will ever find. Cant wait !

I agree with all of that and we fit school wise much better in the ACC than the BigTen overall. The BigEast just isn't the BigEast that we all knew and loved.

Agreed it is going to be difficult not playing Gtown VIll and some of the others but it is going to be a blast seeing Duke, NC NC state and the others come into Syracuse. On the football side wow. Each year our home games are going to be great.

We need a baseball ten, we'll be the only ones in the ACC without a team

now that the bball schedule will have many more chances at good weather early games it makes more sense to bring a bball back.

what happens with the girls hockey team?

The best thing about the ACC is that they're going to embrace us with enthusiasm. None of this "Yankee go home" nonsense. We're a perfect cultural fit and we're going to just fit right in! ;)

The football staff is very pleased to be aligned with high quality schools such as Duke, UVA, Ga Tech, NC, BC and others.

Promoting SU academics is an important part of the recruiting pitch.

Being able to move beyond fairly mediocre schools - Louisville, Cincinatti, and USF - helps enhance the Football Program's prestige.

I have been hoping for the ACC move since 2003. I agree with you - I can't wait for it to happen.

The football staff is very pleased to be aligned with high quality schools such as Duke, UVA, Ga Tech, NC, BC and others.

Promoting SU academics is an important part of the recruiting pitch.

Being able to move beyond fairly mediocre schools - Louisville, Cincinatti, and USF - helps enhance the Football Program's prestige.

I have been hoping for the ACC move since 2003. I agree with you - I can't wait for it to happen.
This will most likely be the last conf i have a chance to watch the Orange play in during my life and im really glad that we are in what i consider to be the best all around Conf in the country. I cant wait for football Saturdays on the Hill to be filled with the excitment of a big game. Seeing these programs come into Syracuse with their fans and their tradition is going to be just what our program and fans need. I have a feeling that Doug is going to pull it together this year im predicting a solid 6 wins and that the administration will be making a very nice announcement. Lets stay away from the injury bug, get a couple of good bounces and head off to the greener $$$ ACC pastures!!!

This will most likely be the last conf i have a chance to watch the Orange play in during my life and im really glad that we are in what i consider to be the best all around Conf in the country. I cant wait for football Saturdays on the Hill to be filled with the excitment of a big game. Seeing these programs come into Syracuse with their fans and their tradition is going to be just what our program and fans need. I have a feeling that Doug is going to pull it together this year im predicting a solid 6 wins and that the administration will be making a very nice announcement. Lets stay away from the injury bug, get a couple of good bounces and head off to the greener $$$ ACC pastures!!!

Really? "I have a feeling that Doug is going to pull it together this year" I will reserve comment because in a short time you will hold multiple different positions on HCDM.

Next year will be another challenge for the program.

I would not be surprised to see another five win season, but I have no doubt that the program is getting better and better.

And, in keeping with the strategy of certain solid college and professional football programs - Steelers, Giants, Penn State, Iowa, etc - I hope that stability prevails on the Hill - that Marrone is given an extension and that we maintain the present administration for a long time.

Stability and time will bring us the kind of program that we all want.

Really? "I have a feeling that Doug is going to pull it together this year" I will reserve comment because in a short time you will hold multiple different positions on HCDM.
No if you read all of my post you will actually see that although i have some huge issues with Doug mostly on the O side of the ball and feel that he can be arrogant to a fault i like him and want him to be here for a long time. I have always been a program guy rather than a coach guy. If Doug has a solid season not saying winning but solid season and is showing good progress im all for him getting an extension. If however we have another year like last i would show him the door for the good of the program. This is a critical year for Doug. Almost all of the key players are his. It is his system his coaches. If the kids are buying in you will see it this year if not that will be shown as well. Again with me it is about the program. I hope and believe that Doug is heading in the right direction. For the sake of the program not the sake of Doug i hope so.

Next year will be another challenge for the program.

I would not be surprised to see another five win season, but I have no doubt that the program is getting better and better.

And, in keeping with the strategy of certain solid college and professional football programs - Steelers, Giants, Penn State, Iowa, etc - I hope that stability prevails on the Hill - that Marrone is given an extension and that we maintain the present administration for a long time.

Stability and time will bring us the kind of program that we all want.
I agree with one exception. Stability needs to be positive not just for the sake of stability. It is like a bad relationship staying in it my be the definition of stability but it doesnt mean it is the right thing to continue. I dont think that this is the case with Doug as he seems to making good progress. I dont know if we will ever truly know what went so wrong last year that the Wheels feel off but my sense is that Doug does and i feel that he will learn and grow from it. If he wins a solid 5 games and the program is showing improvement im with you on a three year extension. If however the wheels come off i would move in a different direction and have a fresh start as we enter the ACC.

Stability and added money will allow SU to add more sports too. The roster right now is pretty low when comparing other D-1 schools. While adding Baseball, Hockey and Wrestling will require some additional Women's sports too, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Men's and Women's golf come on board. Certainly others in play.

Stability and added money will allow SU to add more sports too. The roster right now is pretty low when comparing other D-1 schools. While adding Baseball, Hockey and Wrestling will require some additional Women's sports too, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Men's and Women's golf come on board. Certainly others in play.
I don't think we'll see a hockey team for the men, but baseball and golf are the two that would make the most sense, and can be easily added.

If we do add Golf i would hope that Tomcat would be given an interview for coach

cornells baseball team not only offers no scholies, its not even funded by the school, i doubt SU would go to that extreme but its not a super expensive sport to run. where did bball used to play?

cornells baseball team not only offers no scholies, its not even funded by the school, i doubt SU would go to that extreme but its not a super expensive sport to run. where did bball used to play?
They have a club team, but I'm not sure where they play. Alliance Bank would probably be a viable option, and maybe if the program shows some promise they'll put a ballpark up at skytop