When you play Duke... | Syracusefan.com

When you play Duke...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
...a clothesline isn’t a foul.
8EA5CC84-B2D8-4FE1-83BE-57603857DEE2.jpeg

Duck Fuke.

Quincy, welcome to to the reality of playing dook. Not calling “Over the back” to get a rebound wasn’t only a Zion-centric thing either, I’ve seen Carey get away with a few

I was really impressed by my son. He's 8. When that play happened he shot off the couch and said "Bah Gawd! Carey Jr. has broken Guerrier in half!" True story.

But seriously, can you imagine being Coach K and having such confidence in the officiating that you're not even worried rolling your best player out there in the 1st half with 2 fouls because you know, I mean YOU KNOW, nothing is going to happen to get him that third whistle before halftime?

When does the ACC just flat out say "We want Syracuse to lose every conference game."

The officiating this year has been remarkably biased and atrocious. They were even missing kicked ball whistles last night, but only when it would've benefited Syracuse. The delayed kick ball they called against Syracuse in the 2nd half was comical.

That whole possession with Guerrier above had to have 3-4 missed fouls, a couple of which Querrier was getting legit HACKED underneath the basket. The hand-checking, arm-barring is infuriating to watch. I loathe Coach K for teaching that crap. It's basically teaching, but the ACC refs don't give a damn.

How Boeheim didn't lose his jacket by halftime is very impressive.

The officiating this year has been remarkably biased and atrocious. They were even missing kicked ball whistles last night, but only when it would've benefited Syracuse. The delayed kick ball they called against Syracuse in the 2nd half was comical.
Eh, watching the replay this morning after attending last night, the only kicked ball I thought they got wrong was the one that actually negated a Duke 3 in front of their bench. The kick they called on Girard's would-be steal seconds later was close but judging by his reaction, nodding in agreement after initially looking shocked, it appeared correct.

I was much more upset with the no-calls on the clothesline & Guerrier getting hacked. Also, Marek was called for an erroneous foul after stepping in front & deflecting a bounce pass into the post. It's the most demonstrative I've ever seen him react to a call. Loved his fire.

The foul they called on JG3 to negate Jones losing the ball out of bounds in the last minutes was as bad as any call I’ve seen this year

I was waiting for JB to go nuts so the refs went to the monitor. Was really bummed nothing happened & both teams sprinted to the locker rooms with the refs never going to the monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom