Where do you get your sports news? | Syracusefan.com

Where do you get your sports news?

44PRIDE

All Conference
Recently, CNNSI announced their sports coverage is going to be handled by Bleacher Report. I think most here will agree that B.R. doesn't exactly have a reputation as a pillar of journalistic integrity.

With that in mind, I wanted to ask everyone a simple question. Outside of SyracuseFan.com, where do you get your sports news?

ESPN?
CNN?
Deadspin?
Frank the Tank?
Mr.SEC?
The Onion?
TMZ?

Since I am primarily interested and invested in Syracuse University sports my primary source of sports news is SyracuseFan.com (yes, OE is a big part of that) and certain writers at Syracuse.com. I also browse Yahoo Sports, some Scout sites and Frank the Tank. Television is for live events only.

There are sites aside from syracusefan.com? Thanks to Orangeeyes I rarely have need to travel to others.

Skysports mainly, and espn (which I now refer to as bfn for bernie fine network) for box scores.

Since I am primarily interested and invested in Syracuse University sports my primary source of sports news is SyracuseFan.com (yes, OE is a big part of that) and certain writers at Syracuse.com. I also browse Yahoo Sports, some Scout sites and Frank the Tank. Television is for live events only.
I agree with this also. Between Syracuse.com and this site, you get everything, including viral videos. I live In NYC but I still get my news from those sites. Kill two birds with one stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HATE the idea that CNN is going to Bleacher Report. CNNSI was my main go-to source.

Unless you're looking forward to 'slideshows' counting down some artificial Top Something or Other, this is a penthouse to outhouse move.

I use

Espn.com (less and less each day)
Cnnsi.com
cbssportsline.com
syracuse.com
random yankee and ny giants blogs for that fix
random golf websites for my golf fix

I use

Espn.com (less and less each day)
Cnnsi.com
cbssportsline.com
syracuse.com
random yankee and ny giants blogs for that fix
random golf websites for my golf fix

So what you are saying is that you are a sports news whore?

Twitter
The dude
Deadspin
Facebook
People magazine
Us weekly
National Inquirer

Oddly enough, WCBS news radio. Their summaries every 30 minutes are all I need during the day. (Aside from when I'm on line at syracusefan.com, of course).

George Michael's Sports Machine.
58267113.png

I get my info from scooch (the 4 letter) .com

It's usually the first stop on my tour for national sports news.

But these days I get a lot of my info from twitter, and follow the links to wherever the writers, that I like following, happen to work for.

Honestly, just here. I may be lead to another site from SF.com but I find many of the writers on this site witty, intelligent and very entertaining.

I used to read guys on espn, cbs and the like but to be honest they are just rehashing stuff that has been already talked about here and I'd add usually less informative as well. That ACC site looks good and I might start popping in there now and again.

wfan.

they do a good job of hitting national and local news even when its not sports related, for example newtown or the ferry yesterday.

pretty much have it on all day. i like to call in to evan and beningo, and mike...yesterday was a good day.

otherwise, i pretty much let this board and a Giants one break the news for me.

wfan.

they do a good job of hitting national and local news even when its not sports related, for example newtown or the ferry yesterday.

pretty much have it on all day. i like to call in to evan and beningo, and mike...yesterday was a good day.

otherwise, i pretty much let this board and a Giants one break the news for me.

Forgot about the FAN. I also watch a lot of SNY post work.

Suracusefan.com, yahoo, ESPN.com (for scores only, I started boycotting ESPN in general following the Bernie Fine debacle. Only tune in for live sports now) and twitter.

For NFL news, there is no substitute for going straight to the source if you really want to understand the game and I really wish SU offered a good archive service featuring coaches footage. Most of how I follow the NFL comes from watching the game footage that gets posted to the archive services. If you have seen the relevant footage of a sporting event, there's not much the "news folks" can tell you because what is true in science is also true in football. Statistics are helpful when you aren't able to observe actual mechanisms of how a phenomenon occurs, but nothing is betting than seeing it. A good video archive allows you to see what happened from a lot of angles, which makes everything else second banana. For example, Adrian Peterson's best run this year (I've seen almost every single one) was a 51-yarder against the Rams. There's no way to measure that sentence. You have to see it. Typical TV cameras are fine for running backs but you really need the overhead coaches cameras for everything else in football with the possible exception of some field goals.

I have a dim view of Bleacher Report not because they do a lot of lists, but because the people creating the lists often are too young to know what they are writing about. The types of stories you often see -- "10 Best Syracuse Football Wins Ever" -- never predate 2005 because they have a kid writing the story. I don't consider this legitimate. CBSsportsline is not bad if you can avoid Gregg Doyel.