Where does Ish end the season? | Syracusefan.com

Where does Ish end the season?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
This could be an absurd statistical year for him, and he looks every part of a pro prospect in my opinion. Tore NFL talent from LSU and NCSU a new one.

51 receptions for 632 yards and 2 touchdowns - 5 games in.

Where does he end the year? I think 112 receptions for 1400 yards and 11 touchdowns.

This could be an absurd statistical year for him, and he looks every part of a pro prospect in my opinion. Tore NFL talent from LSU and NCSU a new one.

Where does he end the year? I think 112 receptions for 1400 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Hopefully on the Buffalo Bills roster as a mid round draft pick :)

Reality is Ish is too much like Jordan Matthews for the Bills to sign him but hopefully he gets a look in the NFL as the jump ball guy... if he just had a bit more top end speed he'd be a 1st round pick. But as they say:

the long catch and run he didnt score on yesterday shows what is issue will be as a pro. winning jump ball battles in the pros is much harder and he cant run away from people

If he runs crisp routes, I think he could be Davone Bess like or a very good possession guy.

he needs to be with a QB that is very accurate since he wont create separation that often. brady/rodgers types who throw into small windows.. less and less of those in the pros now.

Erv is the only receiver on the team so far this year that consistently creates some separation. He does it with quick cuts and smart routes. Still not sure anyone can outrun a good DB in the open field?

I agree. Most people dont think he is a pro prospect bc he doesn't run a 4.3. That's a bunch of bs. He has the size, hands, runs precise routes, goes over the middle, and most importantly can get off the line and into his route against press coverage. Ya think Brady wouldn't love a guy like ish in that offense? Heck yea!

dink and doink short dump offense. frankly the numbers are vastly inflated these days. he's nowhere near the WR of say a rob moore or monk or carpenter or harrison or kane, or even say a shelby hill or schwedes. or take your pick of any of the truly great SU receivers.

dink and doink short dump offense. frankly the numbers are vastly inflated these days. he's nowhere near the WR of say a rob moore or monk or carpenter or harrison or kane, or even say a shelby hill or schwedes. or take your pick of any of the truly great SU receivers.

Wow, really? He isn't schwedes? Wow.

The difference is the guys that play with Brady were getting open and running away from guys in college, the DBs are much better across the board in the pros so the windows are much smaller.

It's very hard to project wideouts to the next level. A lot of it comes down to circumstance and then adapting to the style of play of the team they are on. Obviously a stable Qb helps that.

Tons of wideouts in the league. Very few Greens, Julios, Browns, Hiltons, Thomas's... To state obvious.

Erv is the only receiver on the team so far this year that consistently creates some separation. He does it with quick cuts and smart routes. Still not sure anyone can outrun a good DB in the open field?

Agree but Phillips has to do it with a quality DB on him and not an LB. Also, if Erv can start catching long balls it could change the season for the SU offense.

Ismael has stepped it up since the Middle Tenn game and he is needed big time the rest of the year. If Johnson or Butler can figure out how to catch passes the whole world would open up for this offense. I know Ismael can't run from people but I would like to see him break more tackles and continue to catch a high percentage of passes thrown his way. He and Erv just can not have bad games from here on.

Schwedes in college was > Ish, much faster, quicker, probably better hands too. 47 catches in a season is more like 100 now and he had 47/37/34/21. thats like 100/85/85/60 now.

The only way to evaluate is with an asterisk. There’s no way to know - I’d bet you’re right on the HoF guys, and you can guess with measurables a little.

But as with any era comps - it gets very subjective when you have to throw out the numbers.

Ish is fantastic, hes got old man basketball game. Hes been great since they day he stepped on campus. Plays against the best corner year after year. I can even remember AJ long throwing up bombs to him and him coming down with the ball against Clemson corners.

Reminds me a lot of Mike Williams.

what was marvin harrisons 40 time? He had the run away speed. I like Ish game alot but Amba was far superior IMO.

I think some of his plays this season puts him into consideration. He hasnt looked good, hes looked dominant when we need him to be as a possession receiver or redzone target.

I think he continues at about the pace he is on. I would project him to end up with similar numbers to yours: 120 catches for 1400 yards and 5 TDs. The Pitt game is his best chance to really pad his stats. Heck, he might get 3 TDs alone in that one game.

Philips is at 44 catches for 440 yards and 2 TDs. Could he join Steve in the 1000 yard club? I think so.

Really surprised at the lack of TDs receiving so far. If current trends continue, Dungey is going to finish as follows:

Current (5 games)
135 completions
7 passing TDs
1437 yards

Projected (12 games)
324 completions
17 passing TDs
3449 yards

For comparison purposes, Eric had 2649 yards and 15 TDs in 9 games last season.

I think the play of the OL has been about the same as last season but the drop off in receiver depth is noticeable, and having no AET on the team this year has hurt things.

We really need a 3rd receiver to step up. I hope Neal gets the ball a lot more the rest of the season, preferably out in space via a pass. He seems the most ready to step up.

Schwedes in college was > Ish, much faster, quicker, probably better hands too. 47 catches in a season is more like 100 now and he had 47/37/34/21. thats like 100/85/85/60 now.

Schwedes was also 5'10" and 170lbs, FWIW.

I know this because, I am 5'10", and figgered if I ever got up to 170lbs (was 135 in HS, ran track and XC, and 145-150 in college) I'd be "built like a Pro football player". ;)

I eventually got up to 170, and even low 180's, and while I was definitely looking at least a little "swole" at that size, I can't even imagine the kind of beating I'd have taken playing college and Pro football against grown-ass MEN like Schwedes did. :confused:

Ish is the prototype build for a Pro - Schwedes never was, yet was somehow still effective.