Where in the NBA is scoop? | Syracusefan.com

Where in the NBA is scoop?

There is always next year. I bet a lot of teams have him on their radar...

I think he will be invited to someone's camp this year! I think his passing ability is better suited for the NBA game. Many of his what the F passes are scores when the guys receiving them are NBA players and not developing college players. Scoop's biggest issue is he has no hops, which means guys can elevate over him and shoot without him being able to contest at all.

I think he will be invited to someone's camp this year! I think his passing ability is better suited for the NBA game. Many of his what the F passes are scores when the guys receiving them are NBA players and not developing college players. Scoop's biggest issue is he has no hops, which means guys can elevate over him and shoot without him being able to contest at all.

If he does, he'll be playing on his crutches.

If he does, he'll be playing on his crutches.
No its 6-8 week recovery he had the surgery in late June. Training camp doesn't start to around October 1.

Yeah, but he cant play ball for 8 weeks. Imagine the shape he's gonna be in after 2 months off his feet?

Yeah, but he cant play ball for 8 weeks. Imagine the shape he's gonna be in after 2 months off his feet?

There are a ton of fitness things you can do with a broking foot, and he can start running at the end of the summer. I don't think he or anyone should consider this season a loss.

Remember, this is Scoop we are talking about. He was the kind of guy who probably cut through the high school and cheated when they ran laps in gym class. :p

No its 6-8 week recovery he had the surgery in late June. Training camp doesn't start to around October 1.

I was being a bit sarcastic but there is no way he'll be in game shape by then. This could really be a bad break, no pun, intended. Might be his only shot at the NBA and he has to get injured.

I was being a bit sarcastic but there is no way he'll be in game shape by then. This could really be a bad break, no pun, intended. Might be his only shot at the NBA and he has to get injured.
he is 23 years old! it doesn't take that long

I dont want to rain on your or Scoop's parade. But there is no way he is playing on an NBA team this year. Zero percent.

It was a long shot even without any injury.

Personally I want Scoop back at SU as a coach. I dont care if he goes to the D league, and tries to make it to the NBA as a 12th man, or if he goes to Europe, I am hoping that in 5 years he is back in the states starting to build his coaching resume, because he will be a great one if he wants to be.

I dont want to rain on your or Scoop's parade. But there is no way he is playing on an NBA team this year. Zero percent.

It was a long shot even without any injury.

Personally I want Scoop back at SU as a coach. I dont care if he goes to the D league, and tries to make it to the NBA as a 12th man, or if he goes to Europe, I am hoping that in 5 years he is back in the states starting to build his coaching resume, because he will be a great one if he wants to be.

Its not parade to rain on and its more like 5% but so what all he has to do is get invited to a camp and play hard. He has the rest of his life to coach he can only play ball while he is young.

Its not parade to rain on and its more like 5% but so what all he has to do is get invited to a camp and play hard. He has the rest of his life to coach he can only play ball while he is young.
He's not going to be ready to go to any camp. His options for this year in the NBA are little to none.

A broken foot is not that serious

It kind of is when you are trying to beat out other equally talented (or more talented) guys who haven't been sidelined and are able to keep in shape by playing and working out this summer. It ain't happening for Scoop this year. Unless he does go to the D League and plays out of his mind there and earns his way up mid-season. But that's the only way I can see.

It kind of is when you are trying to beat out other equally talented (or more talented) guys who haven't been sidelined and are able to keep in shape by playing and working out this summer. It ain't happening for Scoop this year. Unless he does go to the D League and plays out of his mind there and earns his way up mid-season. But that's the only way I can see.
If a team likes his game and wants to invite him to camp they will. A broken foot isn't going to scary anyone and he has time to get into shape before camps start. He worked out for 19 teams prior to the draft any team that would have invited him to there summer league may invite him to camp. There is more than enough tape on the guy