Class of 2014 - Where is the ACC windfall? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Where is the ACC windfall?

SWC75

Bored Historian
We were supposed to get improved recruiting in the south because we are in the ACC now. I still get alerts from Scout and their commit list shows 1 player for Tennessee and one from North Carolina, (Corey Cooper, who as I recall was part of last year's class but was held back by academics). Nobody from Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, Georgia or Florida.

We have two guys from New York but one is the local kid, Nasean Howard and another Wayne Williams, also a holdover form last year's class.

We also have a guy from Connecticut, two from New Jersey and three from Pennsylvania. The others are from Illinois, (3) , Wisconsin and Michigan. Apparently we are going with northern recruiting. I recognize our class has a midwestern background but Pasqualoni's "Connecticut mafia" recruited all over the place. I don't see us doing well in the ACC by recruiting guys with snowshovels.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...is site./a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&toinid=676&yr=2014

We've only played one ACC game so far. It will take time to develop a presence in ACC territory. Most of our coaches have ties to the Midwest. We need to reserve judgment on our ability to recruit in the ACC's backyard.

George Morris and Manley both said moving to the ACC got them on board ... plus we have people who insist we need to recruit PA & NJ ... so we are ... just want kids that can play don't care where they came from.

If any assistants were to leave or be let go I really hope we can get someone with ties to the Maryland DC Virginia area.

geez we only replaced all but 2 coaches this season.

I'm thinking that if nothing else we are at least on the list of kids from Florida and Georgia and we will probably get a couple of those to join this year's class. It's a start.

Georgia - maybe. If be shocked not to see a few from FL.

We were supposed to get improved recruiting in the south because we are in the ACC now. I still get alerts from Scout and their commit list shows 1 player for Tennessee and one from North Carolina, (Corey Cooper, who as I recall was part of last year's class but was held back by academics). Nobody from Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, Georgia or Florida.

We have two guys from New York but one is the local kid, Nasean Howard and another Wayne Williams, also a holdover form last year's class.

We also have a guy from Connecticut, two from New Jersey and three from Pennsylvania. The others are from Illinois, (3) , Wisconsin and Michigan. Apparently we are going with northern recruiting. I recognize our class has a midwestern background but Pasqualoni's "Connecticut mafia" recruited all over the place. I don't see us doing well in the ACC by recruiting guys with snowshovels.

http://syracuse. /a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&toinid=676&yr=2014
Let's wait until Signing day when we have a bunch more highly ranked kids from all over the place.