Where is the joy? | Syracusefan.com

Where is the joy?

br801

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading Scorer
Whenever I listen to the postgame shows on WAER and 1260, I'm really struck by the predominantly negative tone of the hosts and many of the callers. Yesterday, if you didn't know the outcome of the game and just tuned in, you'd think they were discussing a 1-18 team after a loss.

I get that today's sports fan is probably more demanding and negative than ever (as evidenced by this board and others), but come on. Whatever happened to enjoying your team's victories and acknowledging the talents of their opponents? Anyone who thought Cincinnati would just roll over and that yesterday's game would be a high-scoring free-flowing masterpiece hasn't been watching college basketball for too long.

You need to stop listening to that show. Comical some of the stuff people say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to stop listening to that show. Comical some of the stuff people say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes I get weak and just can't help myself. The stupidity on those shows is like a drug.

This team has some serious competitive juices going for them and I for one am thrilled on how well they have done so far.

Whenever I listen to the postgame shows on WAER and 1260, I'm really struck by the predominantly negative tone of the hosts and many of the callers. Yesterday, if you didn't know the outcome of the game and just tuned in, you'd think they were discussing a 1-18 team after a loss.

I get that today's sports fan is probably more demanding and negative than ever (as evidenced by this board and others), but come on. Whatever happened to enjoying your team's victories and acknowledging the talents of their opponents? Anyone who thought Cincinnati would just roll over and that yesterday's game would be a high-scoring free-flowing masterpiece hasn't been watching college basketball for too long.
Two words: Spoiled and Entitled...or is that 3 words?;)

We drove up from CT for the Nova game. We've always put the post game show on (1260) and it was a lovefest. Not this time, some whiny geek who wouldn't have been satisfied if we won 80 to zip. Had to shut it off. What happened? Only thing worse would be to have been forced to watch a Georgetown game.

Whenever I listen to the postgame shows on WAER and 1260, I'm really struck by the predominantly negative tone of the hosts and many of the callers.
You must not have been reading this board since 2003.

Its just the sportscenter mentality now... win it all, or you suck.

Heard a lot of chatter on radio the last two days that Tom Brady "doesnt have it" anymore... because he hasn't won a SB in a while. Just the way of the sports world now. Win it all every year, or you suck.

I'd go further and say it goes well beyond the sports world. It is everyone's mentality about most everything these days. Apparently it's easier to be critical than laudatory. My god check out the OT board sometime if you doubt this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom