Which #1 seed has easiest road? | Syracusefan.com

Which #1 seed has easiest road?

Not sure, personally I don't care. Not a fan of Kelly. Duke will lose to Baylor when they meet. Down year for the Blue Devils.

Well, it's certain that UNC and Duke have it made in games #1 and #2. That's a huge advantage. Playing 50 minutes from home, on a court they play on all the time. The crowd will be entirely NC fans. Free pass to Sweet 16. Again.

UNC - easiest road to the elite eight.

UNC by far has the easiest path. Followed by Kentucky (the only reason people think they have it tough is UCONN, very weak otherwise), then Michigan St. and Cuse has it the toughest (easily the best 2 through 6 seeds)

I don't get how the NCAAs are held in North Carolina every year! Image the NCAAs being played in Buffalo, Rochester and Albany on a rotating basis

It would be a huge upset if Carolina doesn't get to the Elite Eight. A very easy sub-bracket.

I don't get how the NCAAs are held in North Carolina every year! Image the NCAAs being played in Buffalo, Rochester and Albany on a rotating basis
UNC and DUke in Greensboro is like SU playing in Utica. 50 miles away. Not as far as Rochester, Buffalo or Albany.

Sparty, IMO. UNC/SU got fair roads, UK got the shaft (and I love it).
You think so? If UK even plays UConn, assuming they get past them, they could play #4 IU who lost a starting guard, #2 Duke who lost a starting big.

UNC has it easiest by far...then MSU...Cuse...UK, IMO

Not a 1 seed obviously, but what the h@ll is up with the gravy path that Kansas got? No disrespect to Gtown, but compare their road to other 2's AND 1's, and I'd take it hands down.

UNC - cakewalk to regional final.
UK
SU
MSU

How does UK have a tough path? It's a joke. An over-rated UConn, if they even win the 1st round game. Indiana who can't win away from home and UK will be primed for revenge? The bottom half with inconsistent Baylor and down-year Duke?

Agreed on Kansas but UNC has a easy easy road as well.

UNC by FAR has the easiest bracket. I could see a reasonable argument for any of the other brackets. People keep going crazy about UConn in the second round making UK's path difficult, but I don't see it.

UNC - easiest road to the elite eight.

This and it's not even close. I was floored to see Jeff Goodman write SU has the easiest road, and Jim Nantz crying about UNC having to play Kansas in St Louis. I'll take my chances with a slightly tougher Elite 8 game if I have a much easier road to get there including 2 home games; particularly when there's no guarantee Kansas will make it that far.

Why do ppl keep saying UK has a tough bracket?

I do believe they have the most dangerous second round game, should Yukon prevail. You never know about that team, but one thing that is certain is that they have the talent to play very well and a very seasoned coach. I would not be surprised at all if they were to give Kentucky all they can handle and possibly more. I also would expect that even if Yukon could pull that kind of upset, they would probably flame out the very next game.

I do believe they have the most dangerous second round game, should Yukon prevail. You never know about that team, but one thing that is certain is that they have the talent to play very well and a very seasoned coach. I would not be surprised at all if they were to give Kentucky all they can handle and possibly more. I also would expect that even if Yukon could pull that kind of upset, they would probably flame out the very next game.

I agree. UConn can match up well against UK. UK only goes 6 deep a lot and 7 at most.

Davis vs Drummond will be fun to watch.

How about who NOW has the toughest road to the final four... ummmm, Syracuse (now that Melo is out). If we make it to the final four, that will be true genius coaching and spectacular play by our entire team. Only way now is EVERYONE get going at the same time and contribute, not just two or three guys. Man, are we going to get exposed down low or what? For us to make it beyond a couple of games or more will absolutely take an unbelievable team approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom