arbitragegls

All Conference
B1G still considering further expansion
in.gif

April, 23, 2013
| ESPN.com
big_ten.gif
(has been paraphrased)

The Big Ten apparently wasn't simply considering programs from the ACC.. Programs within the Big 12 and, yes, the SEC hold some interest within the Big Ten.

"...two sources have told The (Omaha) World-Herald that the Big Ten has done prior 'homework' on Oklahoma, Kansas and Vanderbilt among other schools who might some day be expansion targets," Lee Barfknecht reported. "The Big 12 grant-of-rights deal didn’t stop a look-see for OU and KU."

Oklahoma nearly made move to join the Pac-12 upon the onset of realignment. Any type of move is unlikely to occur without Oklahoma State being involved in the process.

Kansas is a logical option for the Big Ten due to its share of the Kansas City market, a top basketball program and the school's status as a member of the Association of American Universities.

Vanderbilt is also a member of the AAU, but the SEC is king of college football at the moment and any move out of such a league is a hard sell even for the Big Ten.

C'mon guys and gals...this is supposedly stealth stuff...the Oklahoma discussion was for "eyes only"...now look what has happened...oh happy days!

Yeah, the B12 needs to be worried. If the B1G and SEC get hungry, they could very easily be the ones on the menu.

Yeah, the B12 needs to be worried. If the B1G and SEC get hungry, they could very easily be the ones on the menu.

The B12 has a GOR.

Sent using my Commodore 64

The B12 has s GOR.

expires in '17.

announce the annex in fall of 14. come on in july 17.

maybe let them even have rights for 16 and start then.

expires in '17.

announce the annex in fall of 14. come on in july 17.

maybe let them even have rights for 16 and start then.

Yep. Timing is everything.

The B12 has s GOR.

Not saying it will happen, but isn't the Big 12 GOR only 6 years in length (5 after this year) where as the ACC is 13 years. On top of that, the Big 12 is the only Big 5 conference with less than 12 teams and there are not many teams left to grab besides maybe cincinnati, BYU, or a Mountain West team and that is not increasing their payout. I dont see it happening, but the GOR is only binding if there is a conference left standing. Lets be honest, if Texas or Oklahoma were to leave, that conference would collapse in a second. Hypothetically, if Oklahoma left, they would most likely leave with Kansas or Oklahoma St as the article mentioned and obviously Texas would not stay in a conference without Oklahoma, so right there you have 3 teams gone and only 7 left with the PAC 12, SEC, and ACC right there to jump on the scraps, all of a sudden there is not a conference there to enforce the GOR. Like you, I dont see it happening, but I believe with the recent conference moves, the Big 12 is again the lowest on the totem pole.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

Ok Ok, it was me.

I was just trying to beat the Dude on the breaking news.

The B12 has a GOR.

B1G's TV contract expires after 2016 and the Big XII GOR expires in 2017. I think the Big XII is going to be eaten by the B1G/SEC the value of the Big XII is obviously 1.Texas...2.Oklahoma...3.Oklahoma State(T.Boone $$ and their basketball history)...4Kansas....5West Virginia...6Kansas State....7/8/9/10 Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU Iowa State
The B1G could get Oklahoma and Kansas or Texas, SEC could get Texas or Kansas and Oklahoma State and the ACC could decide on adding WVU as 16 over UConn/Cincinnati for when ND joins eventually fulltime.

I was getting tired of the high pay side monthly fees so I said F it!

Getting harder and harder to have any positive feelings about the Big Ten.

You have to wonder how many schools in the Big 10, especially those who are already very well funded, are privately saying this exact same thing. At some point it just becomes a circus.

When they find out what everyone knows , that people from Maine to DC could give a rats *** about Rutgers, and Maryland, they'll want to throw them back, and it will be too late.

I always thought the Big 12 was the most vulnerable, just based on geography. They are ripe to be poached by every other big conference. ACC is a bit more limited.

Delany is so pissed that Swofford got the best of him, again, that he needs to beat someone else up.

Right about now the B1G = Clown Show.

I think it's funny that we had the lowdown on Oklahoma's imminent move before the mainstream caught it...and no one believed us. Take that, Dude of WVA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom