Which season was highest average attendance? | Syracusefan.com

Which season was highest average attendance?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I'm re-watching the Wisconsin game from 2012 Tourney and the broadcasters mentioned our average attendance that season was about 28K. I think that would be up fairly high in the rankings.

We've really been all over the board. But great job by the fan base to trudge up the hill in the middle of the winter.
Lots of changes since then...that year in particular they were #1 for a while, household names and stars for SU and opponents since leaving early was not common, not all games on TV, and even if they were, no HD/big screens. Lots of Saturday night home games, since they weren't all throughout the day for regional networks. Plus no online tickets, so when you had a chance to grab some, you took them.

89-90 was such a sweet year. Senior DC and Stevie with a sophomore Owens that showed how good he was as a freshman. Playing against some great rivals, Georgetown with Mutombo and Mourning.

That's just surreal to think about. We also averaged close to capacity for football during this time. Those were the days.

Yep the at home tv experience wasn't nearly as good as it is today and we were good AND exciting in both football and basketball.

Whoa mister, are you implying that Dale Drypolcher on SUper Sports wasn't captivating television?

i loved getting up and watching Dave Cohen and Dale Drypolcher on Sunday morning.

We had about 6K students at those games taking up behind the hoop, upper behind the hoop, and about 25% of the seats on the sidelines on the roll out bleachers.

89-90 was such a sweet year. Senior DC and Stevie with a sophomore Owens that showed how good he was as a freshman. Playing against some great rivals, Georgetown with Mutombo and Mourning.

Wasn't Owens a sophomore?

If I recall, this was the team without a true point guard. Thompson started there. Eventually Mike the hammer Edwards took over.

I think it was also the year of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire, which was parodied on local radio as Orangemen Are On Fire.

If I recall, this was the team without a true point guard. Thompson started there. Eventually Mike the hammer Edwards took over.

I think it was also the year of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire, which was parodied on local radio as Orangemen Are On Fire.

Billy Joel played 2 nights at the Dome that year. As did the Stones.

Billy Joel played 2 nights at the Dome that year. As did the Stones.

Hopefully the new Dome, with it's improved sound system, will get us back in that game.

Although, I will miss hearing Mr. Excitement over the PA sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Yeah, that's what I said. "...a sophomore Owens that showed how good he was as a freshman."

Yeah, that's what I said. "...a sophomore Owens that showed how good he was as a freshman."

Yeah, but I'm an idiot, so there's that.

Lots of changes since then...that year in particular they were #1 for a while, household names and stars for SU and opponents since leaving early was not common, not all games on TV, and even if they were, no HD/big screens. Lots of Saturday night home games, since they weren't all throughout the day for regional networks. Plus no online tickets, so when you had a chance to grab some, you took them.

I remember seeing mid week games in later half of the 80's vs. Seton Hall and storz that got 27K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom