Which Syracuse logo is your favorite? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which Syracuse logo is your favorite?

Were those logos from 2006 to 2015 actually our logos? Don't remember that.

I do like the current one.

SJ was the worst, came with a terrible shade of orange. Nike said how about this and Jake seemed to say "whatever, sure"

And jordville posted the most memorable hoops logo.

1988-98 is gorgeous and if anyone has a hat with that logo on it I will pay many dollars for it
SU bookstore and online sites (Dick’s) have it on a white hat by Zephyr. Blue seems to be no longer available.

I like the block S but changing to the Syracuse cursive script as the official school font and using the S from that font could be cool.

I like the block S but changing to the Syracuse cursive script as the official school font and using the S from that font could be cool.
The block S looks and feels very old just like all the other block letters representing schools across the country.

Design something new like the U at Miami or the O at Oregon.

I look at the block S and think I should be sitting in Archbold playing Colgate waving my little pennant on a stick with the block S on it circa 1888.

These dates aren’t accurate at all. The block S may not have been at center court prior to 2015, but it’s been our
logo going back to at least 2007.

Hated all the logos from the late 90’s to mid 2000’s.

I remember the on campus drama prior to the 88-98 logo selection. A big swath of students hated it, including myself. Spartan Chemical already had a logo that looked nearly identical.

I like cilantro. Give me the 88-98 logo all day, especially on Tuesdays.

Another that wasn't included is this older block S from the past. I think I would be out of mind thrilled if they made this the S, and replaced the "syracuse" at the top with the Script logo. Lets make that happen. Any photoshoppers able to make my day?

151068_big.jpg

syracuse.jpg

I like the current "S" the most, but it isn't terribly original. It invokes a collegiate nostalgia and that's good I suppose for a university (even if it's not terribly historical). The block "S" is pretty standard and can be used cross-marketing across sports and non-sports pretty easily.

I think it would be interesting to see something a bit more contemporary and original. I think the fonts the university has used have never been very creative (or they've just been bad). Additionally, the styles have never been consist amongst the different sport programs. I like the script Syracuse, but I don't recall it ever being used for football and I don't think it would be viewed as very contemporary.

I have not idea what would work, but something like what's below gets the creative minds flowing.
9-Best-S-Logos-and-How-to-Make-Your-Own-for-Free-image8.png
images

1988-98 is gorgeous and if anyone has a hat with that logo on it I will pay many dollars for it
Or maybe it’s just associated with a great period of SU sports history

Whenever I see the block S the first school I think of is Stanford. Probably a lot of people who didn't go to the school or live in central NY have no idea what that S is for. I actually like the one with the dome top over the name of the school.

Whenever I see the block S the first school I think of is Stanford. Probably a lot of people who didn't go to the school or live in central NY have no idea what that S is for. I actually like the one with the dome top over the name of the school.
The only way I'd think of Stanford is if there was a tree through our logo. And Red.

Although the wrong color, here in the Midwest, it would be Michigan State.

Despite this, the block S is my favorite of the bunch. The cursive S might be okay, but I would need to see it on a hat (and a helmet) by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom