Which teams to you fear or want to be near in our path? | Syracusefan.com

Which teams to you fear or want to be near in our path?

JoeyZ

Walk On
I find myself watching non league teams even for minutes at a time all year and seeing how I think they'd do against the zone . I don't know what to say about not shooting well recently, but I have wondered all season if the right matchup is a team that can't score but plays tough defense like a Cincy, or if the right matchup is a lesser skilled defensive team that can carve up the zone like a Creighton. I'd be curious to hear the boards thoughts on match ups they don't like, and those they do going into today.

Here's mine….
If a 4 seed for the 1's, I would probably want to be on Arizona's side the most. They struggle from outside. I wouldn't like Wichita State or Florida, and Michigan if they get the last 1 would be a tough matchup since they have versatile scoring.

If a 4 seed for the 5's, I'm not sure any of them distinguish themselves as a different matchup. UConn, Ohio State, and Cincy all play tough D. If we don't shoot well, we won't beat any of them. If we do shoot well, I think we'd beat them all. They all seem to be match ups that we can dictate the outcome with how we play (if that makes sense).

If a 5 seed, that just sucks, but I wouldn't like any of the match ups if they're in the San Diego State and Creighton range. I've feared Creighton all year as the worst matchup against the zone.

If a 3 seed, for the 2's, I don't want Kansas. They have losses, but I really think they're the most talented team in the nation. Wiggins would make Fair's life hard, putting an onus on others, and if we struggle to score at all, I just don't like the fact that they would have so many options to have a guy get hot. I'm not sure how I feel about Wisconsin and Villanova. A month ago, I liked the matchup with those two.

If a 3 for the 6's, I don't want New Mexico or Kentucky. Kentucky for the reasons of Kansas, just on lesser levels. New Mexico has two bigs that I think could get Christmas in foul trouble quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom