Whigham, Morgan? | Syracusefan.com

Whigham, Morgan?

44doubledees

Scout Team
Last year we heard alot of chatter with coaches (specifically Shafer) raving about Reddish as a corner and he has lived up to the hype with a very bright future, already leapfrogging Lyn and Anderson. Has anyone heard any chatter about Whigham or Morgan in this regard, would be awesome if one of those two emerged for next year and could relegate Lyn and Anderson to support roles.

Last year we heard alot of chatter with coaches (specifically Shafer) raving about Reddish as a corner and he has lived up to the hype with a very bright future, already leapfrogging Lyn and Anderson. Has anyone heard any chatter about Whigham or Morgan in this regard, would be awesome if one of those two emerged for next year and could relegate Lyn and Anderson to support roles.
Right now Whigham is the 4th CB, ahead of Morgan. My understanding is that the staff likes Julian and Wayne a lot, but Whigham is a little bit ahead of Wayne right now. Morgan is ahead of George, who came here really skinny and is slowly getting strong enough to play at this level.

Lyn isn't going to get beaten out by anyone, IMHO. He might be all conference in the ACC next season. Anderson is more vulnerable, he is already splitting time with Reddish, who is already as good as anyone in the league at CB (and the Big East is loaded with good CBs). We are going to be good at CB for a while.

we played a large stretch of the game without either starting safety at safety when Wilkes got hurt. probably about as athletic a group as we can put out there when we move thomas up to LB like that.

Reddish and Lyn will be excellent next year. Anderson/Whigham/Morgan fight for nickel. In the secondary, the biggest question will be who plays safety? I think Desir and Eskridge start. Wilkes is okie.

Thanks TomCat, have either Whigham or Morgan been on the field this year much at CB? I thought I saw them in mop up duty against CONN? I think we will be good at Saftey as well next year if Desir can put on a few more pounds.

Thanks TomCat, have either Whigham or Morgan been on the field this year much at CB? I thought I saw them in mop up duty against CONN? I think we will be good at Saftey as well next year if Desir can put on a few more pounds.

During summer camp, Whigham and Morgan were both impressive. I would say from what I saw that Whigham was slightly better, showing better shut down ability. Next year will be incredible with Lyn and Reddish at CB and Wilkes/Esk (going with Esk) and Desir at safety. After 2013, however, I am concerned simply because there is a chance that Reddish bolts early and Lyn will be graduating. I have full faith in Whigham and Morgan, but those are still huge holes to fill.

All in all, it is safe to say that everyone should be bullish on our secondary in 2013. 2 lock down corners and freakish athleticism at safety. Going to be fun as hell to watch.

Speaking of freshman, the last I heard we were going to be able to possibly redshirt something like 14 out of 18 of them which should pay huge dividends down the road. It looks good for the secondary...any word on how the other freshman look?

I dont see many kids with one year of starting at Corner going early to the draft unless they have a huge shutdown type year. pretty good at corner goes not get you a high draft slot.

I dont see many kids with one year of starting at Corner going early to the draft unless they have a huge shutdown type year. pretty good at corner goes not get you a high draft slot.

He would have 2 years of starting after next year.

Personally, I don't see that happening even if he had a huge year next year.

Always a chance, like I said. I mainly agree with you, but there is always a chance.