white Chocolate...this 8th grader is insane | Syracusefan.com

white Chocolate...this 8th grader is insane

I love seeing kids with handles like that--he's going to be a good player.

Kid is in the eighth grade? Looks like he's waaaay younger than that... Anyways, kid has some handles!!! Respect!

does anyone else get perturbed off when a white player is referred to as "white chocolate"? How many "white chocolates" do we need before someone comes up with a new moniker

Hopefully the kid doesn't top out at 5'10" or something because he could be a fine college PG. Looks like he can already shoot pretty well and has nice vision. It'll be interesting to see how he performs in the next couple of years as he grows and the players he faces are bigger and quicker.

does anyone else get perturbed off when a white player is referred to as "white chocolate"? How many "white chocolates" do we need before someone comes up with a new moniker
Agreed. Aren't there more creative nicknames available? Plus, 'white chocolate' is kind of a diss if you consider it the bastardized, crappy version of real chocolate.

Most of these "the next jordan!/ the next steve nash!" kids end up topping out at 5'9" like the general population does, and never even sniff D1, forget about NBA.

Tyler Lewis (NC St.), had a very similar tape come out years ago. He's transferring to Butler by the way. I don't get upset about the moniker but it's just played out..

Agreed. Aren't there more creative nicknames available? Plus, 'white chocolate' is kind of a diss if you consider it the bastardized, crappy version of real chocolate.

It is done to death, and it is basically saying that kid is good for being white.

Flat out nasty game! A lot of pieces of flair ;) in one of those clips, but he's got it. That certain I don't know what.
dr-evil.jpg

We'd need him to get taller to be a better fit for the zone.

joct said:
We'd need him to get taller to be a better fit for the zone.

Right?
Plus how's he going to his shot off? Earl boy kind could stuff him.

This reminds me that a few of us from Shaw dorm (including Hal Cohen) used to go to Archbold and play pickup games. Hal looked just like that white chocolate kid (except he had lighter hair). He did all of the dribbling and blind passes that this kid is doing (and then some). Hal was always the quickest player on the floor by far (including quicker than some of the better inner-city kids who used to get into the gym somehow).

It really gave me an appreciation for how fast the college game must be when it was clear that Hal was the slowest player on the floor during SU games and didn't try any of that stuff.

This reminds me that a few of us from Shaw dorm (including Hal Cohen) used to go to Archbold and play pickup games. Hal looked just like that white chocolate kid (except he had lighter hair). He did all of the dribbling and blind passes that this kid is doing (and then some). Hal was always the quickest player on the floor by far (including quicker than some of the better inner-city kids who used to get into the gym somehow).

It really gave me an appreciation for how fast the college game must be when it was clear that Hal was the slowest player on the floor during SU games and didn't try any of that stuff.

I almost wrote something similar yesterday. I used to play in the suburbs, like probably most of us, and would run across some kids whether in HS, playground/college pick-up games, and I would think they were out of this world with their passing/ballhandling and wonder why they couldn't be walk-ons somewhere or at least play DII ball. Maybe they could of, who knows.

Once I moved to NYC though, I started playing in Jamaica (Queens) quite a bit in pick-up games, and some of those kids were so fast with the ball in their hands it was mind-blowing. You could guard the other kids in spite of their amazing handle, these kids though - it was laughable to even try. You just hoped not to get embarrassed too badly, and hopefully they took some pity on you. :) I can't even fathom the speed of an NBA game.

The kid looks phenomenal though, fun vid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom