White Post-Game, "Fighting for our lives" | Syracusefan.com

White Post-Game, "Fighting for our lives"

Townie72

All American
in his post game interview, AW111 said that the team was fighting for their lives. The effort in each game is more like what you see in a Tournament game and not in the regular season.

What we are seeing is a team that still has flaws, although they are improving especially on offense. But these last five games have been effort-driven especially during the come-backs in the past.

JB said SU didn't have to make as many come-backs in the past because we didn't typically fall that far behind.

So, according to the insiders what we are witnessing is heart and effort making up for some weaknesses.

It's a great story.

in his post game interview, AW111 said that the team was fighting for their lives. The effort in each game is more like what you see in a Tournament game and not in the regular season.

What we are seeing is a team that still has flaws, although they are improving especially on offense. But these last five games have been effort-driven especially during the come-backs in the past.

JB said SU didn't have to make as many come-backs in the past because we didn't typically fall that far behind.

So, according to the insiders what we are witnessing is heart and effort making up for some weaknesses.

It's a great story.

Their backs are still against the wall. The 9 losses are not going to go away. So I hope the "fighting for their lives" motivation continues.

This team has to improve on defense. I don't know what it's going to take. Every player has to be all in on this season at this point. I just can't imagine each player is not putting in 110% every practice. This team has a magic aura at this point. The last 4 games feel like the Elite 8 game last season. It's just amazing.

Speaking of White, he decision to transfer to Syracuse may be the best transfer decision in CBB history. I watch a lot of Nebraska games last summer. White with the Orange is 1000 times better than he was. Our way of playing basketball really suits him. I thought the Nebraska team had a lot of ball hogs. Our teams are always less selfish and more interested in getting the best shot. You have to play as a team at this level or you will just not win. White averaging over 20 pts/gm the last 5 is just insanity. Really amazing!!

Plus, it's not just White's shooting. He's been very good driving to the rim, getting steals, and getting rebounds. Wow, how can you not like this kid with the effort he's putting in. He's certainly made a mark with Orange fans. If they make the tournament and have a deep run he will be revered by Orange nation for a long time. God, this is fun!

It's awesome to see them fighting like this to stay alive. But, if/when the team gets to the point that they no longer have to fight for a spot in the NCAAT, I hope they don't lose their competitive edge. For instance, if we head into the GT game at the end of the season or the 1st round of the ACCT with a really good chance of making the NCAAT, we better not lay an egg. The Committee doesn't need much reason to leave us on the outside looking in.

It's awesome to see them fighting like this to stay alive. But, if/when the team gets to the point that they no longer have to fight for a spot in the NCAAT, I hope they don't lose their competitive edge. For instance, if we head into the GT game at the end of the season or the 1st round of the ACCT with a really good chance of making the NCAAT, we better not lay an egg. The Committee doesn't need much reason to leave us on the outside looking in.

I agree. We have to have some kind of success in the ACCT. If we lose the first game that will be a negative note going into selection Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom