White's pull-up jumper | Syracusefan.com

White's pull-up jumper

Dave85

Living Legend
AW3a.png

White has been hitting a lot of pull-up jumper's lately. So much fun to watch!

Has there been a better jump shooting starting 5 in SU history?
I was just thinking this. And they can all shoot with a hand in their face. Beyond that, they each bring something different to the table to round out their offense. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few teams with 3 good shooters in the starting lineup.

Man, if we could just improve a little on d especially at the start of games...

My knowledge of SU hoops only goes back the past 30 years or so. I have no idea about those Jimmy Lee teams, etc. But to answer your question, I think this is the best shooting starting five of the past few decades, for sure.
It's certainly SU's best jump shooting team of the 3-point era, with four legitimate 3-point shooters, all around 40% or above, plus Thompson with a great touch from mid-range.

This team will go as far as that shooting can take them because they do not rebound the ball well on either end of the court, and only have played well defensively in spots. It's not the formula we're used to seeing, but that's how things have shaken out for this team.

My knowledge of SU hoops only goes back the past 30 years or so. I have no idea about those Jimmy Lee teams, etc. But to answer your question, I think this is the best shooting starting five of the past few decades, for sure.

Malachi had a pretty good step back move. But White's step back move seems more consistent and he is more confident. The one against NC State when he faded was sick. And then he kept doing it against UVA and Clemson.

If White keeps this up he's entering into some lofty company in Orange history.

It's certainly SU's best jump shooting team of the 3-point era, with four legitimate 3-point shooters, all around 40% or above, plus Thompson with a great touch from mid-range.

This team will go as far as that shooting can take them because they do not rebound the ball well on either end of the court, and only have played well defensively in spots. It's not the formula we're used to seeing, but that's how things have shaken out for this team.

The only team I know of that comes close is the 2010 team. 4 guys shot near 40% from deep (Triche, Andy, Scoop, Wes) on a good amount of attempts each. But the bigs couldn't shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom