Alsacs

Living Legend
Coach K
Roy Williams
Boeheim
Calipari
Self
Izzo
Are the current HOF coaches already in what other current coaches right now would you call future HOFers.
I think
Wright- Villanova
Few- Gonzaga are future locks

Others to consider
Sampson- Houston
Kruger- Oklahoma
Beilein- Michigan
Barnes- Tennessee

Am I missing anyone?
I say this because we have to realize current coaches aren’t going to be like the 1980s Big East where everyone had a stud HC.

I guess I don't see it with Lon Kruger. He's been successful at places like Florida, Ok, etc. but I view him more as a longevity guy than an exceptional coach.

Not sure that Sampson has done enough to warrant HOF consideration, and he's got a substantial black mark on his candidacy.

I think Beilein is a great coach and will eventually get to the HOF, if he hasn't accomplished enough already.

Barnes has been successful at numerous stops, too, although I also see him a little like Kruger. Very good coach, though. Maybe just not an elite one.

I think the two titles cements Wright's ticket getting punched.

Coach K
Roy Williams
Boeheim
Calipari
Self
Izzo
Are the current HOF coaches already in what other current coaches right now would you call future HOFers.
I think
Wright- Villanova
Few- Gonzaga are future locks

Others to consider
Sampson- Houston
Kruger- Oklahoma
Beilein- Michigan
Barnes- Tennessee

Am I missing anyone?
I say this because we have to realize current coaches aren’t going to be like the 1980s Big East where everyone had a stud HC.
Bennett is going to make it.
Beilein will too.

A big part is how long they want to coach at the college level and how long schools are willing to employ them. That might hurt Bobby Hurley; he is going to have a hard time surviving.

Bob Huggins has a good chance. So does Dana Altman.

I wouldn't be shocked if Tubby Smith is inducted. 600+ wins. A NC. Multiple conference championships. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if he's overlooked, either. He's always been underappreciated, IMO, but he does have a nice resume.

Police: "Mr. Huggins, how many drinks have you had tonight?"

Huggins: "Yes."

For some reason the way I view Huggins has done a total 180 over the past 20 years or so. I hated him when he was at Cincy, but now I really like him.

Seems like a lot of college coaches in the Hall of Fame? Do other major sports honor as many of their coaches?

Seems like a lot of college coaches in the Hall of Fame? Do other major sports honor as many of their coaches?
The BB hall of fame is different. It encompasses all levels of the game--pro, college, international, men's and women's, and maybe even high school (Wooten/Hurley, Sr?).

Wright, Few, Donovan (not current), Stevens (not current), T. Smith. I could see Beilein and Huggins getting in if they get to another final four or two.

Last edited:
The BB hall of fame is different. It encompasses all levels of the game--pro, college, international, men's and women's, and maybe even high school (Wooten/Hurley, Sr?).
I do know Wooten is in the HOF.