Who are your favorite recruits in the class? | Syracusefan.com

Who are your favorite recruits in the class?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Based on talent and need, a few jump out to me:

• Kalan Ellis OL-Just a huge, powerful human being with very good feet. This is a guy who should be able to open some holes for our backs. When's the last time we had a guy like this?
  • Justin Lamson QB-We have needed a dual threat guy who can throw on the run since Dungey left the building. From several testimonials, he is also supposed to be a fantastic leader
  • Umari Hatcher WR-Big, fast, explosive with very good hands. Looks like a bigger Taj Harris coming out of HS who can get us some serious YAC
  • Jatius Geer-Big and athletic, which is the toughest combination to find. He reminds me of Chris Slayton coming out of HS, but a little bigger than Slayton than was at the time. Would not be surprised if he gets on the field next year
Honorable mention: Landon Morris, Josh Hough, Duce, Roon

Man if hoeh can pack on weight and keep that bend then he might be up there.

Based on talent and need, a few jump out to me:

• Kalan Ellis OL-Just a huge, powerful human being with very good feet. This is a guy who should be able to open some holes for our backs. When's the last time we had a guy like this?
  • Justin Lamson QB-We have needed a dual threat guy who can throw on the run since Dungey left the building. From several testimonials, he is also supposed to be a fantastic leader
  • Umari Hatcher WR-Big, fast, explosive with very good hands. Looks like a bigger Taj Harris coming out of HS who can get us some serious YAC
  • Jatius Geer-Big and athletic, which is the toughest combination to find. He reminds me of Chris Slayton coming out of HS, but a little bigger than Slayton than was at the time. Would not be surprised if he gets on the field next year
Honorable mention: Landon Morris, Josh Hough, Duce, Roon
Good choices.
If Hough can block he could be really good.
Definitely like Cruz.

For next year, it is Chestnut and Folk. One spot on the field that is itching for competition and both are early enrollees, following in the footsteps of Cisco and Jones to take a starting spot by doing so.

For overall upside once it is said and done is Cruz, Hatcher and Lamson.

I think Hough is the most likely to get early playing time. Got the size and we don't have much RB depth.

Defense: Folk and Leek
Offense: Long

How about the 3 new LBs ?

Roon 6-3 215
Matthews 6-3 220
McDonald 6-4 230

reminds me of the linebackers we recruited in the 90’s. These guys all bring it and will fit in well with the current group.

I’m bullish on Geer to. Big and nasty.

offensively Hatcher, Long and Morris. Hatcher is one of those fast twitch kids who can make you miss and take it to the house anytime. Long is 6-4 215 and runs an 11.17, consistently sub 12. I can’t wait to see what some of these guys bring to the field. When you watch Morris’ he looks every bit like an OWR 6-5 210. Whether they put 30 on him for TE or not he looks good.

Last edited:
How about the 3 new LBs ?

Roon 6-3 215
Matthews 6-3 220
McDonald 6-4 230

reminds me of the linebackers we recruited in the 90’s. These guys all bring it and will fit in well with the current group.

I’m bullish on Geer to. Big and nasty.

offensively Hatcher, Long and Morris. Hatcher is one of those fast twitch kids who can make you miss and take it to the house anytime. Long is 6-4 215 and runs an 11.17, consistently sub 12. I can’t wait to see what some of these guys bring to the field. When you watch Morris’ he looks very bit like an OWR 6-5 210. Whether they put 30 on him for TE or not he looks good.

Big LBs!!

I love Duce. His quickness and explosiveness will make him a potential All-American
Watch his highlight video and you can’t help but notice his incredible athleticism. I also think he will be a great one.

Offense: Hough (kind of want him to wear 36 like Jerome Bettis)
Defense: Geer (big, athletic DE from the South)

love Big Tuna. I want to see Hough lined up with Elmore behind this kid on fourth and goal and know we are scoring.

Hough's nickname is actually Big General... which is so much better. 29 TDs on only 125 carries this past season.

Could be the first truly punishing RB we've had since DC3. I remember laughing watching defenders try and tackle that man up high. To be fair Tucker has some of that in him as well, just not as massive a human being...

Ellis, Hough and Cruz.

Ellis is gigantic and received some nice accolades in HI. Can see him refining his body in a DI S&C program and being a big contributor.

Hough is Dino's long coveted thunder back. It'll be nice to watch a RB inflict punishment on would be tacklers.

Cruz - I think he's our highest rated OL recruit and sounds like a genuinely good kid.

I love Hough as he will be a great powerful running back. As Cusesake said, Dino has always wanted that thunderback.

I know it's set in for most but the fact that we got two O Lineman from Hawaii is crazy. Psyched to see these kids play though, all of them

I think the guys who are closest to being physically ready for P5 are the ones with the best chance to make noise early.

Hough - big, strong, & fast. Put him in the rotation w Tucker, Lutz, & Jordan (I’d really prefer to see Jawhar at slot WR), and that’s a really good RB room.
Josh can be the short yardage battening ram, and also fill the Jarvreon role of beating down D’s in the 2nd half.

Cruz - unlike Qadir, he’s not at all a project.
Athletic, quick feet, nasty streak, and already at 290. I think he makes the 2-deep and then is a 3 year starter.

Long - he’s built like Sr Ish or Custis, as a HS Sr. Kid is big & strong & fast, exactly what we need at outside WR.
(But I wouldn’t be shocked if either of the other 2 WR’s plays early either, they are all
excellent

Duce - the heir apparent to Cisco.
Good size, plus athlete & sick playmaker like Trill. He’s gonna be in the 2-deep next year.

Geer - already has solid size & weight.
He’s like Linton only with DE size.