Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl? | Syracusefan.com

Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?

Eric15

Living Legend
No hedging or wishy-washiness... just give me your pick.

I'm going with New England.

Denver
Seconded. Peyton Manning is just going to get it done. I believe he will be the first QB to win a ring for two different franchises.

Denver would be my bet.

I'll be rooting for #Chuckstrong, however.

I like to see Seattle win it...I enjoy watching them play.

I hate seattle. I'm a GreenBay fan.. so clearly the pack's got this. (if greenbay were to be beaten by minnesota i wouldn't mind seeing denver/washington win)

Going with Denver vs. Seattle with Denver winning.

Green Bay

I, too, hate Seattle. I never cared one way or another for that franchise but the Fail Mary changed my thinking.

We probably will have a very signifciant winner ths year. Consider:

Packers -- If they win the Super Bowl this year, they get a foothold on team of the decade even though this is only the decade's third year.

Patriots -- If they win the Super Bowl, Belichick ties Noll for SB wins and Shula for SB appearances. That puts him in a class all his own. Brady ties Montana for SB wins and pulls way ahead of everyone for SB appearances.

Broncos -- If they win the Super Bowl, Manning becomes the first QB to lead separate teams to SB wins.

Vikings -- If they win the Super Bowl, Adrian Peterson becomes the first running back to get all of the credit for a championship. The Great Jim Brown was not the main guy when the Browns beat the Colts in the NFL Championship game. Walter Payton was merely part of a much larger whole when the Bears beat the Patriots. Emmitt was surrounded by greatness when the Cowboys won those Super Bowls. Franco had the Steel Curtain and Csonka was only one-third of the Dolphins running game (I'm happy to note that you can't discuss championship contributions by running backs without a significant SU connection)

Ravens -- If they win the Super Bowl with an MVP performance from Ray Lewis, he becomes the greatest defender of all time (remember, he was the MVP of a Super Bowl 12 years ago).

Seahawks/Colts/Redskins -- If either of these three teams wins the Super Bowl, you've got a rookie QB winning it all. If you thought people were nuts about the NFL draft, just imagine how they will be if a rookie can turn a team into a champion.

Bengals -- If they win the Super Bowl, Marvin Lewis will become the patron saint of bad coaches everywhere. Forever after, any coach who strings together one mediocre season after another will be able to say, "Just give me one more year, and I can pull a Marvin Lewis."
Falcons -- If they win the Super Bowl, they become the patron saints of chokers. In their last three playoff appearances, they have gone one and done, losing each time to a team with an inferior record. Forever after, any coach or QB can choke several times and say, "Just give me one more year, and I can pull a Smith/Ryan."

Texans/Niners -- If they win the Super Bowl, then it really is just a case of some team winning the Super Bowl. There's nothing bigger in play.

Ravens -- he becomes the greatest defender of all time (remember, he was the MVP of a Super Bowl 12 years ago).

No he doesnt. He is about 2/3rds the player LT was. There isnt even anyone remotely close to LT as far as him being able to take over a game.

Ravens -- If they win the Super Bowl with an MVP performance from Ray Lewis, he becomes the greatest defender of all time (remember, he was the MVP of a Super Bowl 12 years ago).

Cocktail Kerry was hung over that day. :oops:

No he doesnt. He is about 2/3rds the player LT was. There isnt even anyone remotely close to LT as far as him being able to take over a game.

I just threw that out there because the idea of a defender winning two Super Bowl MVPs is wild, especially if they occur 12 years apart. I went a little too far, I agree. LT is the greatest defensive player of all time. We can talk about the sacks. We can talk about the big plays, but the real measure was how much effort coaches, quarterbacks and offensive linemen put into knowing where he was at all times. The Eagles once called a timeout because their quarterback couldn't figure out where LT was lined up (Turned out he was on the sidelines).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom