Who else had UConn in the Sweet 16? | Syracusefan.com

Who else had UConn in the Sweet 16?

Eric15

Living Legend
We all hate UConn with a burning visceral passion, no question about it. But I'm just curious how many of you put that hatred aside when filling out your bracket to make the smart pick.

We all hate UConn with a burning visceral passion, no question about it. But I'm just curious how many of you put that hatred aside when filling out your bracket to make the smart pick.

I did, and I actually regret taking them to go even deeper. I have Iowa State in two pools and UVA in the other pool in the East. I'm worried Nappier may take them to Dallas.

iommi said:
I did, and I actually regret taking them to go even deeper. I have Iowa State in two pools and UVA in the other pool in the East. I'm worried Nappier may take them to Dallas.

Same here. I have them in Sweet 16. I think they go to the Final 4.

In 4 of mine I had UConn going to the S16 in 2.

If they get UNC, I don't think they have a shot.
If they get ISU, they'll go to the Elite 8.

I'm not sure about the Final Four cuseguy; MSU is too good right now

I did, more so because I never thought Nova was good.

They have a cake walk to the final four. I never bought Nova as a 2 and never thought they could stop UConn. Napier has proven me completely wrong. Kid deserves POY consideration.

UNC needs to beat ISU because they will at least bring fans to MSG, but UConn fans are probably buying up all the tickets as I type this.

They have a cake walk to the final four. I never bought Nova as a 2 and never thought they could stop UConn. Napier has proven me completely wrong. Kid deserves POY consideration.

UNC needs to beat ISU because they will at least bring fans to MSG, but UConn fans are probably buying up all the tickets as I type this.
How is MSU a cake walk?

Not surprised at all. Nova was overrated all year.

jdubs30 said:
How is MSU a cake walk?

Honestly forgot they were in the region. They're my Obi Wan.

I really hope Virginia gets out of that region. At this point my bracket is shot. Really hoping for a final four of Virginia, Wichita, Wisconsin and Stanford. Wishful thinking I guess!

I did. UConn got a great draw against teams that do not have bigs or powerful front courts. St. Joe's and Nova was tailor made for them. UConn has great guards and will beat any other guard oriented team. You have to kill them upfront where they are weak. And neither St Joe or Nova with their collection of 6'6 forwards was going to do that. Now Iowa St loses one of their big guys with a broken foot. What luck. And UNC is totally inconsistent.