Who Got More Exposed | Syracusefan.com

Who Got More Exposed

anomander

Living Legend
Zeller? - Needs ice for his face he got so many blocks spiked back on it.

Hulls? - Was made to look like a hobbit by our guards.

Carter - Williams Haters ? - Crickets?

Oladipo was the only guy who showed up for them. He's a good enough defender that he'll stick in the NBA.

I think their biggest problem tonight among many was having a freshman at point. A more experienced player might have made better decisions and kept them in the game. Of course being 6 inches shorter than MCW did not help him either :)

I give credit to us, because our D just never let up on them. But I kept wondering how this was a preseason #1 team. This was such a bad matchup for them. You could tell right off the first MCW and BT drives that their guards were in for a long night.

Zeller was so soft, on both ends of the court. He's a very good passer, that's about the best I can come up with for compliments.

Zeller? - Needs ice for his face he got so many blocks spiked back on it.

Hulls? - Was made to look like a hobbit by our guards.

Carter - Williams Haters ? - Crickets?

Tom Crean. Didn't know how to match up his defensive personnel, didn't use TOs with any purpose, couldn't pace enough to spur on his team. He wanted to punch Rachel at half time, because he knew he was toast. That empty, glazed over look was priceless.

I can't stand that guy. And it makes me feel bad becuase I suspect it's 75% because of his appearance/demeanor -- stuff he can't control

I don't think Hulls would count; I think people understand his limitations.

I had a really good feeling about this one from the start of the game. I think it was our first possession, we posted MCW up on Ferrell. He got an easy shot in the paint; he missed it, but it was way too easy. Then one or two possessions later, Triche blew right by Hulls for a layup. You figured from there the guards couldn't keep up with ours. Meanwhile Indiana was throwing the ball all over the court on the othe rend

I was amazed at how UN-physical their guards were. It's so nice to play a game against non-Big East teams. Ferrell was giving MCW a good foot and half of space when he was bringing the ball up the court. I knew the game was over when Southerland hit the 3 to put us up 11-3. You could tell that Indiana had no plan and the wrong personnel to attack the zone.

if oladipo was on mcw from the start i think it would have been a different game. that was a huge blunder by crean. of course dirty would have got a few more looks but so be it if youre indiana, gotta try to take mcw out of the game

Indiana is a good team, as their record against quality opponents proves. They came in averaging 80 pts./game. We were just a bad match-up.

if oladipo was on mcw from the start i think it would have been a different game. that was a huge blunder by crean. of course dirty would have got a few more looks but so be it if youre indiana, gotta try to take mcw out of the game
In hindsight that makes sense, but I can understand the gameplan going in. Keep in mind that in the tourneys Southerland's made like 25 threes or something, and is really our only shooter. Take him out, and you should be able to pack it in everywhere else.

Thing is, they just had no answer for how tall and strong Triche is, and how tall and long MCW is. It was a good gamble to make though - Southerland would have shot over or posted up anyone else, and it's not like MCW and Triche have been all that consistent with matchups in their favor.

Now, the mess that the Hoosiers were on offense, that's a different story. I don't understand how they didn't even try to give Zeller the ball.

Thing is, they just had no answer for how tall and strong Triche is, and how tall and long MCW is. It was a good gamble to make though - Southerland would have shot over or posted up anyone else, and it's not like MCW and Triche have been all that consistent with matchups in their favor.

I said this in another thread, but when I saw how easily Brandon got by Hulls for a layup in the first few minutes I had a good feeling about things. And seeing how hard it was for Hulls to get a 3 point look.

1) Crean - Not a game coach at all.

2) Zeller - Very, very soft player.

3) Hulls - If you are ~5' 6" you better be able to ball at the D1 level.

4) Yogi - See Hulls.

5) MCW haters - nuff said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom