Who is and isn’t renewing Season tickets? | Syracusefan.com

Who is and isn’t renewing Season tickets?

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
We already received our renewal email which seems earlier than ever. I’ve had tickets for years, but not 100% set on renewing after the past few years with zero changes within the program. Curious to hear what others are doing.

When push comes to shove my wife will probably win out and tell me to renew because she likes the people we sit near, but I can’t lie that I have an awful taste in my
mouth where we are currently.

We already received our renewal email which seems earlier than ever. I’ve had tickets for years, but not 100% set on renewing after the past few years with zero changes within the program. Curious to hear what others are doing.

When push comes to shove my wife will probably win out and tell me to renew because she likes the people we sit near, but I can’t lie that I have an awful taste in my
Of course I am renewing. I am a fan. I don't stop following the team because it is struggling.

That said, I agree with Scooch on this. No one should tell others what to do in this situation or how to be a fan.

I will say the best way to send to message to John Wildhack is to send him a message. He does read his email and he does care about what the fan base thinks.

Of course I am renewing. I am a fan. I don't stop following the team because it is struggling.

That said, I agree with Scooch on this. No one should tell others what to do in this situation or how to be a fan.

I will say the best way to send to message to John Wildhack is to send him a message. He does read his email and he does care about what the fan base thinks.
Yep. I have done that. He does respond.

I still think I’ll likely renew and continue to donate as well. but the past few seasons have turned into groundhog day so it’s frustrating.

We need a jolt in the arm.

Do you know for certain your neighbors are renewing? I think the social component plays a big role in weathering this storm.

If no material changes by renewal deadline (e.g., very unexpected finish to this season; use of portal; recruits who can “play” next year; new assistants or new head coach), very unlikely to renew.

I think the earlier release in renewals was to enable SU to offer a longer payment plan. There was significant criticism last year when football had a longer payment plan than basketball. Moving the deadline up was more an attempt to streamline the timelines and lock dates. I believe years ago before football and basketball were decoupled that was the case. Not to mention the season starts a full three weeks earlier than it did back then too. They also want to jump start on the reseating plan for 2024. I believe that will also be a combined effort for those season ticket holders with both sports.

Now, on to the major question. Of course I'm renewing! WTH else am I going to do during winters in Syracuse!? Certainly disappointed with the last couple of years and anxious about the future and hate what NIL abuse and the transfer portal have done to college sports, but I've actually taken some enjoyment over watching the young talent develop this year and believe it provides a foundation that the next coach can build on and be very successful.

I don’t think the season ticket numbers will change much. The single game tickets and overall attendance will and has had an effect already.

Won't stop being a fan and dont think any comments on here qualify as folks changing in - more just how far they are willing to go in their support. Also should never be anyone besides the trolls even being questioned about their fanhood status. Doing so is Bush league.

Season tix not usually my thing given schedule but have entertained it and will again once it looks like things are on track again. Donations I'm holding on for now and have the past few years but doing my part on NIL. Call it continued support with heavy criticism and pressing for effective change - which the level of support would increase when we get there.

I don’t think the season ticket numbers will change much. The single game tickets and overall attendance will and has had an effect already.
Not yet, but it will. There are people who are resellers and have lots of season tickets. My guess is that they're taking a beating this year and not being able to move tickets. The four in front of me and 4 or 8 behind me are all resold and most time they're empty. There have been a lot of empty season ticket seats this year. The tickets are already sold, so the AD already has their money, just so one in the seats. I think people will be re-evaluating how many they want to buy going forward if they can't move them. I know of one guy who had about 60-80 season seats all over the dome and he said he usually made all of his money back on a handful of conference games and anything else was profit.

If there‘s not a coaching change I can’t imagine how bad attendance will be next year.

Moved back in late 2019, was going to get them for 2020 but that didn’t work out, when Kadary left and seeing the guys coming in I wasn’t going to get them, ditto for this year, and zero chance next year.

Yes, season tix will be OK. Single game sales are hurt by a losing team.