Who looks the best 5 years from now | Syracusefan.com

Who looks the best 5 years from now

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
However the latest developments played out, when the smoke clears 5 years from now, who comes out the winner out of let's say - JB, Hop, the AD, the hoop program in general? I'm scared to say but I think Hop.

However the latest developments played out, when the smoke clears 5 years from now, who comes out the winner out of let's say - JB, Hop, the AD, the hoop program in general? I'm scared to say but I think Hop.
Haha! I'm going to go with Juli Boeheim!

Does that lady even age?

Is it possible for everyone to be a winner?

I think Hop will be great at Washington.

I think the biggest testament to JB's legacy here is if the program keeps going strong after he steps down. Then you can say he was responsible for a building an elite, sustainable program as opposed to people saying he was a great coach who led a team through a great era during his tenure.

Sometimes guys like JB can be their own worst enemy because of how competitive they are and how confident he is in himself that he's always just one year away from completely turning things around. Can't fault him for that because those same traits are what allowed him to build this program up to the level it has become over the last 40 years. My biggest worry is that Wildhack is under JB's thumb a lot more than I initially thought making this transition a little messy.

If JB steps down in 3 years and Wildhack hires Greg Marshall, great. If he hires Red or some bozo from Podunk St in the Patriot League, disaster.

If JB steps down in 3 years and Wildhack hires Greg Marshall, great. If he hires Red or some bozo from Podunk St in the Patriot League, disaster.
No thanks with Greg Marshall. But Wildhack will hire someone good.

Or we hire Hop in 5 years and get a HC who is seasoned...

Or we hire Hop in 5 years and get a HC who is seasoned...
When Bonnie Bernstein asks Hop after his NCAA loss in the tournament, are you going to go to Syracuse?

When Bonnie Bernstein asks Hop after his NCAA loss in the tournament, are you going to go to Syracuse?
"I haven't even thought about Syracuse. All I care about are the kids in that locker room"

Two hours later - "I am excited to return to Syracuse where it all started for me."

"I haven't even thought about Syracuse. All I care about are the kids in that locker room"

Two hours later - "I am excited to return to Syracuse where it all started for me."

If it comes with the NCAA turning a blind eye to fake classes and getting every call I''ll take it.

Smart money wouldn't be on Hop. JB comes out the best because he'll be a retired millionaire Hall of Famer who doesn't care what people think. Program and AD are intrinsically linked, so tied for 2nd. Hop a close 3rd (4th)

Weirdly I think everyone will have some degree of a happy ending in 5 years. If i had to pick one, I actually think the biggest winner today is Gerry McNamera. He's suddenly going to be in a nice position to get a HC job or will potentially get a look for the Syracuse job. 5 years is a long time. In 1996 when i golfed with a goofy dude named Mike Hopkins at Drumlins I never thought he'd be a guy who was a big coach in college hoops.

As a Syracuse fan, as a fan of Mike Hop as a person and as a supporter of what Jim Boeheim has done for Syracuse, I think today is a good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom