Who says Syracuse has bad weather.... | Syracusefan.com

Who says Syracuse has bad weather....

cto

Administrator
Bad weather is in the mind of the beholder. I remember looking out the window of Baker Lab when I was a grad student, just hoping that we would actually get some snow. My skiis were getting beat up on the rocks and bare ground. Try the heat and humidity of DC or elsewhere in the summer if you want bad weather.

And if I'm not mistaken, the city is also used for market research as the population corresponds pretty closely to the population of the US. Snapple was tested here.

Funny this is being brought up right now... I just had a conversation with a client about CNY versus living elsewhere.

I am happy to accept snow/cold/blustery weather for a few months versus having tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, monsoons and year-round ridiculous humidity.

It doesn't get much better than CNY weather in the spring, summer, fall IMO.

Ive preached this for 20 years to friends, family and peers. Ill take awesome snow any day over Hurricane, nados, flash floods, wild fires, killer bees, fire ants, pythons killing people. grizzly attacks , wolves biting heads and the ever popular greasy roads of california.

Syracuse is a great place to live

I think people complain more about the lack of sunshine than they do the snow. We're like Seattle in that way, except they get rain.

Syracuse also knows how to deal with snow, unlike here in the DC area...where those of us from Syracuse mock the reaction that happens when flakes appear.

Having lived in both, I completely agree. To be fair, it's the exact opposite when it comes to traffic and commutes. If there is construction and a Syracusan's normal 15 minute commute is now a half hour, they lose their mind.

I think people complain more about the lack of sunshine than they do the snow. We're like Seattle in that way, except they get rain.
I agree. The constant cloudiness is depressing as he'll by March. The snow isn't a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll take the snow over the oppressive humidity I experienced in Philly and Virginia, thanks.

But are you safe from sharknadoes as well?

No one is safe from Sharknadoes. Didn't you hear there's another one coming? Sharknado 2. Can't wait. Then it's going to be Godzilla vs. Sharknado. And Sharknado vs Predator. Better stock your basement and ride it out.

Oh! And don't forget Snakes in a Sharknado!

No one is safe from Sharknadoes. Didn't you hear there's another one coming? Sharknado 2. Can't wait. Then it's going to be Godzilla vs. Sharknado. And Sharknado vs Predator. Better stock your basement and ride it out.

Oh! And don't forget Snakes in a Sharknado!

If given the choice, I'd much rather be around a Sharknado than Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.

If given the choice, I'd much rather be around a Sharknado than Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.

I'd rather throw Ian Ziering and Tara Reid INTO the Sharknado.

I'd rather throw Ian Ziering and Tara Reid INTO the Sharknado.
Hey, the SciFy channel is now the equivilent of The Love Boat & Fantasy Island as far as work for "D" list actors

Having lived in both, I completely agree. To be fair, it's the exact opposite when it comes to traffic and commutes. If there is construction and a Syracusan's normal 15 minute commute is now a half hour, they lose their mind.

HA Traffic. I have learned that Interstates are not numbers but proper titles. THE 405 THE 110 THE 101 THE 10 THE 5. And they all look like a parking lot 90% of the time. At least the surface streets make sense, I know my way around this city better in 3 months than I did after 6 years in Cincinnati, grids >>> spiderweb clusterflucks

I've never had to board up my house, drive 100 miles away and wonder what would be left when I returned.

And, as Jim Boeheim tells recruits, we have the best weather in the country for 8 months and the rest of the time is basketball.