Who should be ranked? Us? UConn? Both? Neither? | Syracusefan.com

Who should be ranked? Us? UConn? Both? Neither?

Not so fast my friend. We beat Oregon we're around 20.

You have a point and hopefully didnt spoil my thread by influencing folks to take a wait and see approach(which normally isnt that popular on here, in my experience). I wasnt even thinking about the next game when I was posting this, though. Folks on here like to predict, so I was hoping to go with the here and now, even though you bring up a strong point. We could get into asking "what if it's a close loss to Oregon", etc if we're looking past today.

How on earth people could watch that display tonight and think we are one of the top 25 teams in the nation is beyond me -- I'm going by what I've seen thus far. It's not pretty, but like I said -- as of now...

That was a horrific SU performance. Got some late buckets at the end of the game to make it look nicer. UConn had 20 turnovers, lol! Everything all ISO and were beat in all facets of the game. Chukwu will really get exposed tomorrow.

That was a horrific SU performance. Got some late buckets at the end of the game to make it look nicer. UConn had 20 turnovers, lol! Everything all ISO and were beat in all facets of the game. Chukwu will really get exposed tomorrow.

Wow -- I didn't even think -- he got completely exposed by Crab or whatever his name is. I can't even begin to imagine what he will endure tomorrow.

Wow -- I didn't even think -- he got completely exposed by Crab or whatever his name is. I can't even begin to imagine what he will endure tomorrow.

Yeah it was similar to how Perkins on UB killed him last year. Cobb looked good. Props to him. Boeheim said they made their centers “look like little kids.” Ha.

Yeah it was similar to how Perkins on UB killed him last year. Cobb looked good. Props to him. Boeheim said they made their centers “look like little kids.” Ha.

I found the humor in some of what JB was saying too(I was making an effort)... I believe he said Crab(I like that better lol) was averaging 3 points a game last season.

In the short life of the current incarnation of this board, how many times have I heard about players having carreer games against us? Shouldnt their career games come against the likes of the cupcakes we play in the first half of the season, and not against a ranked team(or even bubble team) like us? Is it just me, or do we seem to hear about these career games at an inordinate rate? I'm asking that sincerely, because I know perception bias could be a factor. Either way, I wish it happened less often. I dont picture the Duke or UK versions of me typing similar lamentations. Heck, I dont even picture the UCLA or even this season's UConn version of me...maybe even UB or SB as well typing this question. Why us?!?

So will a win vs a ranked team (Oregon, currently) negate the loss to u-con?

Cobb played really well.
Have to give him that.
But think about what a Zion Williamson would do to purported defense like that.
Talk about a career game.

Let's hope that was a wake up call and the centers saw how easily Bol is pushed around and take advantage underneath today.
Rebounding should not be an afterthought.

Making a late riun has been our MO in games like this - slap on a press to create some TOs, opposition outside shooting goes cold (didn't happen last night), and maybe steal a W.

we're outta the polls. but the season is young. going to climb back up the ladder.

Neither should be ranked. UConn is still a bad team. Without a proper point guard, we are a bad team, too.

Also unlike in the past, Boeheim seems not knowing his team. He puts too much ingredients in the pot. The team is a big mess as a result.

Neither should be ranked. UConn is still a bad team. Without a proper point guard, we are a bad team, too.

Also unlike in the past, Boeheim seems not knowing his team. He puts too much ingredients in the pot. The team is a big mess as a result.

It’s November. I still expect him to right this ship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom