Who should I root for? | Syracusefan.com

Who should I root for?

SWC75

Bored Historian
When my own favorite team is out of it, (like now), for a championship, I tend to root for somebody's ship to finally come in - teams that have never won it or have waited the longest time to win it. A guide:

• Phillies at Braves - The Phillies last won in 2008, the Braves in 2019. But I don't like either one of them...:mad:
    1:07 ET on FOX
  • Mariners at Astros - The Mariners have been around since 1976 and never won it. They just ended the longest streak of not making the playoffs in the four major sports. The Astros won in 2017 and are cheaters.
    3:37 ET on TBS
  • Guardians at Yankees - The Guardians last won in 1948 as the Indians. That 74 years is the longest stretch without a title in the four major sports except for the football cardinals, who have represented three different cities in that time, (and had their chance when they forgot to tackle James Harrison). The Yankees last won in 2009. And they're the Yankees.
    7:37 ET on TBS
  • Padres at Dodgers - The Padres have been around since 1969 and never won. It was painful for my Mets to lose to them, especially at home. But if they won, then we lost to the champs. The Dodgers won in 2020. And they are the Dodgers.
    9:37 ET on FS1

Mariners or Guardians vs. the Padres, please. :rolleyes:

Seattle, Cleveland, Phillies, Dodgers.

Seattle, Dodgers

Dodgers

That’s what I’d most like to see.
And it would be the first non-asterisk title for the Dodgers since 1988!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom