Who was the last player we had who you would call an Energy guy | Syracusefan.com

Who was the last player we had who you would call an Energy guy

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
or a real scrapper, someone who comes in and brings energy to the team or someone who comes in hits the floor for loose balls, cleans the glass, takes the ball away from the opponent under their basket.

Seems like Louisville, Georgetown always seem to have these kind of guys, I don't feel like we ever do.

Those type players do seem to be hard for us to find. Harrell is a beast, future pro.

or a real scrapper, someone who comes in and brings energy to the team or someone who comes in hits the floor for loose balls, cleans the glass, takes the ball away from the opponent under their basket.

Seems like Louisville, Georgetown always seem to have these kind of guys, I don't feel like we ever do.
Keita is an energy guy, just limited.

i was hoping that would be Grant. I thought we were set up perfect when James came back, but he was effectively broken for some odd reason?

Dion off the bench last year. He had energy and the swagger that this year's team could use.

Devo had energy. A fire too and a cockiness that I wouldn't mind having just a bit more of on this current team...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Syracuse isn't an "energy guy" program. That's not what we do. It's like asking why is BT playing. He plays because he satisfied the requirements:

-athletic and long
-committed
-clean, no trouble

The last energy guy was had was Devo. And he was hated. "Energy guys" aren't the SU fan bases favorites. For the majority of fans.

44cuse

Devo had energy. A fire too and a cockiness that I wouldn't mind having just a bit more of on this current team...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
like X 1 trillion

Under appreciated for all the wrong reasons.

44cuse

i was hoping that would be Grant. I thought we were set up perfect when James came back, but he was effectively broken for some odd reason?
What happened to him? He seems to travel every game now, gets outmuscled for rebounds and drifts around aimlessly on offense while having defensive lapses on defense. I guess chalk it up to a freshman who barely plays coming in for spot minutes, not the easiest spot to be in.

Syracuse isn't an "energy guy" program. That's not what we do. It's like asking why is BT playing. He plays because he satisfied the requirements:

-athletic and long
-committed
-clean, no trouble

The last energy guy was had was Devo. And he was hated. "Energy guys" aren't the SU fan bases favorites. For the majority of fans.

44cuse

I disagree. We've had plenty of energy guys over the years. We don't recruit a bunch of them, but we're usually good for a couple and the fans seem to appreciate them.

Devo was hated off the court but I loved him on the court. He would shank somebody before watching his teammates just give up. He was an a-hole but he was our a-hole.

I disagree. We've had plenty of energy guys over the years. We don't recruit a bunch of them, but we're usually good for a couple and the fans seem to appreciate them.

Devo was hated off the court but I loved him on the court. He would shank somebody before watching his teammates just give up. He was an a-hole but he was our a-hole.

Love Devo. Gmac I would kind of put in this category. But who else would you put there? Kristoff...maybe, but not really good enough.

44cuse

Michael Hopkins!
Maybe he'll put emphasis on that kind of player when he's calling the shots.

Increasing Grant's minutes mean decreasing Fair's and Southerland's minutes.

Increasing Grant's minutes mean decreasing Fair's and Southerland's minutes.

ya he has effectively been broken now so it's pointless. but when james was out and JG was arguably the 2nd best player on the team it could have been beneficial keeping him in the flow of the game. i don't think it would be asking too much giving James/CJ 30-32 mins, and Grant getting the other 18-20mins. Maybe then we wouldn't run into fatigue problems at the end of games. But that option is good and buried.

-athletic and long
-committed
-clean, no trouble

44cuse

SDisagree the last one was Devo I think Dion fits this category perfectly

SDisagree the last one was Devo I think Dion fits this category perfectly

Dion. Perfect example. Dion andDevos aren't exactly dime a dozen around here. Not jb's program.

44cuse

Onuaku wouldn't take from nobody.

Do you recall his taking the rebound and driving all way down court for the score? Looked good. Scary- I wouldn't even try to guard that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom