Who will have the longest NBA tenure? | Syracusefan.com

Who will have the longest NBA tenure?

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Dion, Fab or KJ?
Dion has NBA quickness but he is a 2 guard in a pt guards body and his outside shooting is streaky.
Fab's cranium is suspect.
KJ might develop into a nice NBA backup 2 guard. Doc has been pushing the development of KJ's handle.
Although it is just speculative, it is possible that KJ will have the longest tenure.

Dion, Fab or KJ?
Dion has NBA quickness but he is a 2 guard in a pt guards body and his outside shooting is streaky.
KJ might develop into a nice NBA backup 2 guard. Doc has been pushing the development of KJ's handle.
Although it is just speculative, it is possible that KJ will have the longest tenure.

I think it is KJ his game and his demeanor will serve him well. That cross legged layout that was called a charge in college is a block in the NBA. He can play D and get to the line two critical things in the NBA!

I really worry about D Waiters conditioning and body type for the NBA grind. He is not a sinewy/muscular guy. He tends more toward stocky/soft which isn't always a great combination for an 82 game grind. How many "heavy" looking 2 guards do you see in the league?

Fab will have the longest tenure, because big guys who can run will get the benefit of the doubt by some GM for 10 years, as long as they aren't TERRIBLE like Thabeet.

I really worry about D Waiters conditioning and body type for the NBA grind. He is not a sinewy/muscular guy. He tends more toward stocky/soft which isn't always a great combination for an 82 game grind. How many "heavy" looking 2 guards do you see in the league?

Fab will have the longest tenure, because big guys who can run will get the benefit of the doubt by some GM for 10 years, as long as they aren't TERRIBLE like Thabeet.
Even Thabeet is still getting work..

Fab. He's a 7'er with athletic ability who is only just starting to figure out what he can do.

I think it is KJ his game and his demeanor will serve him well. That cross legged layout that was called a charge in college is a block in the NBA. ...

True enough, but his getting into the position for a potential block is dependent on his getting past his man. And I'm guessing he'll have difficulty with that at the professional level.

Fab should stick, provided he continues to improve and doesn't bounce up to 300 pounds again. Everyone will give second and third chances to a seven-footer who passes well and blocks shots. If he's not playing in 2020, he's either had terrible luck or done something really wrong.

Yeah my first thought was when it doubt take the 7 footer over the 6-7 and the 6-4 guy.

That's a pretty good question, Alaska. I have no idea. You've got me stumped.

And, you didn't make any references to politics, so double bonus.

True enough, but his getting into the position for a potential block is dependent on his getting past his man. And I'm guessing he'll have difficulty with that at the professional level.

Fab should stick, provided he continues to improve and doesn't bounce up to 300 pounds again. Everyone will give second and third chances to a seven-footer who passes well and blocks shots. If he's not playing in 2020, he's either had terrible luck or done something really wrong.

Fab's BBall IQ is extremely low and the need for a true 7fter is not what it use to be I don't like Fab's chances at all, but Kris will have a nice career and wont be asked to beat his man 1 on 1 to often he won't be a star just a good role player.

Fab's BBall IQ is extremely low and the need for a true 7fter is not what it use to be I don't like Fab's chances at all, but Kris will have a nice career and wont be asked to beat his man 1 on 1 to often he won't be a star just a good role player.

Hey, who knows who is right on this very interesting question.

There's lots not to like about Fab. But have you noticed the metamorphosis of Roy Hibbert.

I watched him play in High School a lot. It was absolutely painful. Slow, uncoordinated, no competitive fire, poorly-conditioned, injury-prone with a bad (entitled) attitude. In his senior year at Georgetown Prep in the Conference championship he was dominated by a 6-5 kid from St Albans who went to some D3 school in a game I watched in the Bullis School gym.

In his sophomore year at Georgetown, JT Jr was referring to him as "The Big Stiff". He was generally pathetic.

Now he's an NBA All Star? Amazing.

Compared to Hibbert, Fab is Kareem.

There's lots not to like about Fab. But have you noticed the metamorphosis of Roy Hibbert.

I watched him play in High School a lot. It was absolutely painful. Slow, uncoordinated, no competitive fire, poorly-conditioned, injury-prone with a bad (entitled) attitude. In his senior year at Georgetown Prep in the Conference championship he was dominated by a 6-5 kid from St Albans who went to some D3 school in a game I watched in the Bullis School gym.

In his sophomore year at Georgetown, JT Jr was referring to him as "The Big Stiff". He was generally pathetic.

I agree no one knows how this will work out and I root for all of our guys regardless

I'll still say Dion but I agree with MyMeloMyMan about Dion's body. I think Rivers is talking about the development of Kris's handle in order for him to succeed at the 3. There is no way in hell Kris can play the 2.

Hibbert and Fab couldn't be more different though. Hibbert has a feathery touch around the tin and plays an old man game. Fab will need to rely on his motor and energy to make an impact. Fab isn't going to be scoring double digit points for anyone. He will have to try and be a rich man's Dan Gadzuric.

He tends more toward stocky/soft which isn't always a great combination for an 82 game grind. How many "heavy" looking 2 guards do you see in the league?

dion is soft? i think you are confusing dion with someone else.

dion is soft? i think you are confusing dion with someone else.
Not soft in terms of how he plays the game, not soft in the head, but soft in terms of his conditioning. Surely an astute judge of basketball talent like you must have noticed Dion hasn't always optimally maintained his body.

my money would be on Fab. 7 footers, unless you're Luther Wright, tend to get several chances.

That's a pretty good question, Alaska. I have no idea. You've got me stumped.

And, you didn't make any references to politics, so double bonus.
Otto,
Next to basketball, fishing and skiing; liberal bashing is my favorite sport.

Otto,
Next to basketball, fishing and skiing; liberal bashing is my favorite sport.
I'm just surprised its only next to! ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

fab couldn't last 2 years on the hill. dion waiters game to me doesn't translate to the nba. i guess my pick is tookie.

my money would be on Fab. 7 footers, unless you're Luther Wright, tend to get several chances.

What happened to Luther Wright? Different eras, but he was like a rich man's Erick Dampier. Always surprised me that he didn't stick.

What happened to Luther Wright? Different eras, but he was like a rich man's Erick Dampier. Always surprised me that he didn't stick.

I think he was last seen eating turkey sandwiches at halftime of Jazz games.

Any chance that KJo could end up as a homeless man's Paul Pierce? It's all there... he is a similar size and even runs like him.

Dion, Fab or KJ?

Usually I would say Fab because of his height, but I don't know if he has the head / work ethic to make it in the NBA.

I would say Dion because of his maturation during his time at SU and I think he can become a fierce perimeter defender and will be able to get to the rim.

I'd say Fab, but he strikes me as the kind of guy who could decide after 6 or 7 years, if that, that he just doesn't want to play ball anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom