Whomever said "Addition by subtraction " regarding Benny was probably right. | Syracusefan.com

Whomever said "Addition by subtraction " regarding Benny was probably right.

Sure seems that way. I wonder how this plays inside Benny’s head especially if we go on a run.

That was me. For what it's worth I also said the only way we would win last night was if we shot over 60 percent from the field and over 80 percent from the free-throw line and won the turnover battle. I nailed it lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_150956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_150956_Chrome.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 69
The UNC win had little to nothing to do with Benny being there….or not being there

The team still loves Benny and many were with him just the other day
You must never have been in a locker room or a work environment where a toxic employee wasted too much energy of the managers who could have spend their time trying to stay focused on trying to win (in sports or business).

Everyone can love Benny. Maybe he's a great person, but he was a bad teammate.

Despite most of us wanting a deeper rotation, it appears a 6.025 rotation is a plus. The forwards are undersized for sure, but Bell, Copeland, JJ, Mintz and Brown each bring some talent. Seems to help that Bell and Copeland have taken Benny’s minutes and settled in.

I have no opinion about Benny being a good or bad teammate. I simply believe it is better to have JJ, Bell and Copeland with the ball, and not clanging shots off the front rim.

There is no question in my mind that having one less (capable) player on the bench to come in, like Benny was doing, is a loss. We navigated things well against UNC. However, we have so little room for error now, especially during a game where guys pick up early fouls. However, I do agree that letting Benny go was absolutely the right thing to do. It is incredibly difficult to have a cohesive, successful team of any sort if you have a person constantly undermining what the leader/coach is trying to do.

You must never have been in a locker room or a work environment where a toxic employee wasted too much energy of the managers who could have spend their time trying to stay focused on trying to win (in sports or business).

Everyone can love Benny. Maybe he's a great person, but he was a bad teammate.
It’s pretty clear you have no idea why Benny was dismissed or what the dynamics of this specific team were in the locker room. And that you have no clue what kind of teammate Benny was perceived as being by the rest of the roster. There is a lot more at play here than body language or what the pseudo psychologists here know or understand

It’s pretty clear you have no idea why Benny was dismissed or what the dynamics of this specific team were in the locker room. And that you have no clue what kind of teammate Benny was perceived as being by the rest of the roster. There is a lot more at play here than body language or what the pseudo psychologists here know or understand
Obviously we have different definitions of "teammates ". My team includes the coaching staff, you are just including "the rest of the roster".

If you don't think that Benny should have been dismissed then you are in the minority. No need for you to make accusations at what I, or anyone else, may or may not know behind the scenes.

The facts present themselves. Red made the decision he needed to. A week later "the team" gets its biggest win of the season. You don't need to be a pseudo psychologist to know or understand that.

Obviously we have different definitions of "teammates ". My team includes the coaching staff, you are just including "the rest of the roster".

If you don't think that Benny should have been dismissed then you are in the minority. No need for you to make accusations at what I, or anyone else, may or may not know behind the scenes.

The facts present themselves. Red made the decision he needed to. A week later "the team" gets its biggest win of the season. You don't need to be a pseudo psychologist to know or understand that.
Did not say he should not have been dismissed. There was no choice. Just saying that the primary reason for it has nothing to do with his perceived attitude on the court. The standards that Red expects from his players go beyond basketball.

We beat Carolina because we had a historic nigh shooting the basketball. Crediting that on Benny not being on the sidelines is frankly silly, particularly when the team and coaching staff continue to talk with him and support him. Q had an Instagram live session Wednesday with Judah, Chris, Maliq and others and made sure to include Benny. Guess that will destroy “chemistry “ and we won’t win another game.

The UNC win had little to nothing to do with Benny being there….or not being there

yea they did an instagram live with him this week. he was hanging with Chris Bell. They've always liked Benny despite his issues. Is what it is. I think Bell and the other guys buying into Autry's desire pleas to play with more effort on both sides of the ball matter a lot more than Benny.

Did not say he should not have been dismissed. There was no choice. Just saying that the primary reason for it has nothing to do with his perceived attitude on the court. The standards that Red expects from his players go beyond basketball.

We beat Carolina because we had a historic nigh shooting the basketball. Crediting that on Benny not being on the sidelines is frankly silly, particularly when the team and coaching staff continue to talk with him and support him. Q had an Instagram live session Wednesday with Judah, Chris, Maliq and others and made sure to include Benny. Guess that will destroy “chemistry “ and we won’t win another game.
Yup. Benny will be their friend but no longer their teammate, and unfortunately won't be able to share moments like this. That's the difference.

You’re arguing he’s was not a bad teammate though which is clearly not true. You can be a bad teammate by the way you act and carry yourself around the game or outside of it if it effects your performance, practice, teammates, team, etc. you can do all that while still being a good friend or someone fun to be around outside of the game… how is this some novel concept.

You’re arguing he’s was not a bad teammate though which is clearly not true. You can be a bad teammate by the way you act and carry yourself around the game or outside of it if it effects your performance, practice, teammates, team, etc. you can do all that while still being a good friend or someone fun to be around outside of the game… how is this some novel concept.
I rely more on his former teammates and how they feel about him than what you've seen on tv. That's clearly more relevant. Nothing novel about it. Outsiders perceive things from limited exposure that may or may not be relevant and form opinions regardles of what the reality is. You won;t find a single member of the Syracuse basketball team including coaches or managers that wouls consider Benny a bad teammate, but several here are holding to that narrative with absolutely zero first hand information.

That's as far as I will go on this topic. I have to get back to explaining that the program would NOT be better off without Judah Mintz.

Benny was on insta live with all of them yesterday or the day before too. Couldnt understand a word anyone was saying though so no clue what it was about. But i tried to watch for a few min to see if anything would be said.

That was me. For what it's worth I also said the only way we would win last night was if we shot over 60 percent from the field and over 80 percent from the free-throw line and won the turnover battle. I nailed it lol

I called Benny getting dismissed from the program 2 days b4 it happened...

Let's you and I get a podcast going... we can make all sorts of wild sports predictions.

We can call it:

NOSTRADUMBASS

Yup. Benny will be their friend but no longer their teammate, and unfortunately won't be able to share moments like this. That's the difference.

Why was Red reading from flash cards?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom