Whose next? | Syracusefan.com

Whose next?

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
Now that we got the ball rolling this past week, who should we be on the looking at to get our next commitment from.

I hop
Now that we got the ball rolling this past week, who should we be on the looking at to get our next commitment from.
I prefer it to bs an offensive contributor this time. RB or QB. Sure we have Funderburk next year but the more the better We need O-linemen of the higher end. Alex Officer types and better of course.:cool:BTW I think Funderburks's reputation makes him the next Mike Williams who IMO was one of ginest ever at WR Perhaps the best hands ever for sure. We need a line to allow our QB to get the ball to him without having to scramble around and find him.

probably will have to wait a few weeks (mid June) ... was hoping for the QB from CT (Boyle)

probably will have to wait a few weeks (mid June) ... was hoping for the QB from CT (Boyle)
We should have at least a half dozen by the end of june and Doug's camp is concluded with any decent luck.

We should have at least a half dozen by the end of june and Doug's camp is concluded with any decent luck.

And if we don't, no big deal. This class will be good.

I hop
I prefer it to bs an offensive contributor this time. RB or QB. Sure we have Funderburk next year but the more the better We need O-linemen of the higher end. Alex Officer types and better of course.:cool:BTW I think Funderburks's reputation makes him the next Mike Williams who IMO was one of ginest ever at WR Perhaps the best hands ever for sure. We need a line to allow our QB to get the ball to him without having to scramble around and find him.

As much as I'd love to see Officer in Syracuse, I'm good friends with his brother, and granted he hasn't been over for a few months, but the last time he came over, he told me that both he and his brother were hoping to avoid the Big East but we'll see.

As much as I'd love to see Officer in Syracuse, I'm good friends with his brother, and granted he hasn't been over for a few months, but the last time he came over, he told me that both he and his brother were hoping to avoid the Big East but we'll see.

It's a good thing Syracuse won't be playing in the Big East then... :noidea:

Then it's a good thing that we won't be in the Big East by the time he'd arrive on campus.

D'oh! Keep forgetting we're making the move lol. So weird to get used to. Good catch. But yeah, I'd love to see us land him, but I don't think he's leaning our way.

D'oh! Keep forgetting we're making the move lol. So weird to get used to. Good catch. But yeah, I'd love to see us land him, but I don't think he's leaning our way.
Can it possibly be that he doesn't know SU will not be in the Big East after next season?

Can it possibly be that he doesn't know SU will not be in the Big East after next season?

Eh, I'm pretty sure he knew. His brother originally committed to Virginia Tech. From what he's told me, he thinks Alex will be able to go to a better school than he originally did (although I know Jerome wanted to play down south somewhere and I'm not sure Alex has that same desire).

Take all of this with a grain of salt though, because the last time I spoke to him was back in January I believe because it was a few days before we had to go back to school.

Doesn't seem like anybody is really beating down Officer's door. So far he's got SU, Pitt and BC.

well, that's what was being reported about Averin Collier at this time of his junior year as well - this is where the recruiting needs to step up, staff just needs to keep working at it and show him why SU is his best option

Doesn't seem like anybody is really beating down Officer's door. So far he's got SU, Pitt and BC.
Yeah, it's also important to know that Jerome tends to exaggerate things, but he seems to think his brother will get a lot more attention next year.

Having said that, as far as I know, Alex doesn't have the desire to go down south like Jerome originally did, and he's definitely a bit of a mama's boy, so we might be able to play the angle that his mother would be able to see both of her boys play if he stays around here (Jerome now plays at UMass and has a game in Buffalo next year last I heard that I know his family and friends are excited for).

It's really pretty awesome to see a kid from Eastridge get looks from some decent D1 programs though. Everyone tried to get him to go to Bishop Kearney like his brother did but he apparently told his brother that schools would take notice of him at Eastridge despite the school's lackluster reputation.

It's actually very good that he did not go to Bishop Kearney. I'm positive that it would have helped him develop into a better player, and he now is a bit under the radar in terms of exposure goes.

It's actually very good that he did not go to Bishop Kearney. I'm positive that it would have helped him develop into a better player, and he now is a bit under the radar in terms of exposure goes.

Yeah, can't disagree with that lol, and I went to Eastridge myself. The football team there was a complete joke until last season (with the exception of the year we had Kenny Rogers who supposedly had an offer from Notre Dame before he killed someone...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom