Why all the hand-wringing about FSU and the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

Why all the hand-wringing about FSU and the ACC?

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't FSU dominate the ACC, not losing a game for YEARS until NCState or maybe VA knocked them off?
Point being that the ACC being a weaker league top-to-bottom is not exactly a new phenomenon for FSU or others. Only when they started coming back to the pack did FSU suddenly have an epiphany.
Not to suggest that the rumors of their leaving are true, but the "lower" status of the ACC comparative to the other leagues shouldn't exactly have come as a surprise to them.
If their main gripe is the new contract, then join the club- alot of ACC schools hated the Tier 3 give-away & that's something Swofford has yet to adequately address, IMO.
Obviously there's an alternate internet universe that still has "expansion on the brain", led primarily by butthurt WVU fans who can't let go about being spurned by the ACC/SEC.
But the constant whining & speculation by the FSU's and Clemson's of the world could be cured by doing one thing...winning.
Ultimately as some have mentioned, if FSU/Clemson want roadtrips to Waco & Norman, then have at it. Let those who want the ACC build the league to greater heights, minus any & all malcontents.

I believe their first loss was to UVA on a Thursday night.

I believe their first loss was to UVA on a Thursday night.

Yep, 1995, Warrick Dunn stopped at 4 inch line on the last play of the game. NC State was in 1997. Weinke threw 6 int's in his second game.

And yes, FSU fans are used to weaker ACC teams at the bottom, I think the fan base is just freaked out that there might be more separation financially from the other major conferences between having less playoff teams and worse bowl deals. There are some lunatic message board fans out there specifically on the scout board. Hope you don't confuse them for the majority of our fanbase. The landscape is absolutely changing, but I agree with the OP's point here. Just win and all will be fine.

A 50 million exit fee plus a long line of teams that would knife fight each other for FSU's spot makes me sleep easy at night. Let FSU walk for all I care.