Why Are Our Guards So Soft? | Syracusefan.com

Why Are Our Guards So Soft?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Seriously. There's a reason why the Pitts and the Novas of the world have OWNED us in the last 10 years or so.

We don't have guards that can protect the ball and respond to even the slightest amount of pressure while ball-handling.

Other than Flynn and G-Mac, name a guard since 2003 that's had some strength and offered ball protection? And G-Mac wasn't that strong, but he was scrappy as all hell.

Many of our offensive woes stem from the fact that any time our guards get manhandled, they shrink into a corner or start hoisting awful shots.

Discuss.

Seriously. There's a reason why the Pitts and the Novas of the world have OWNED us in the last 10 years or so.

We don't have guards that can protect the ball and respond to even the slightest amount of pressure while ball-handling.

Other than Flynn and G-Mac, name a guard since 2003 that's had some strength and offered ball protection? And G-Mac wasn't that strong, but he was scrappy as all hell.

Many of our offensive woes stem from the fact that any time our guards get manhandled, they shrink into a corner or start hoisting awful shots.

Discuss.

Um Dion? Scoop?

I disagree that we have had soft guards since 2003. Dion and Scoop were pretty tough last year. Scoop and Andy were tough in 2010. But Triche and MCW deserve to be in Charmin commercials.

Um Dion? Scoop?

Dion could turn the corner and drive hard to the rack. Scoop, IMO was pretty bad at protecting the ball.

This entire team is soft. I don't think any of them enjoy or thrive upon physical contact.

It's clear in their half-assed attempts to rebound and go after loose balls

Dion could turn the corner and drive hard to the rack. Scoop, IMO was pretty bad at protecting the ball.

I thought Scoop was pretty good at it and didnt make as many bad decisions as MCW makes.

It's not just our guards. We're generally a soft team. It's the kind of players we recruit, tall and athletic rather than tough and physical. Dion brought some of that toughness and we've certainly had some tough players over the years.

But when there's a scrap down low this year, most years, a loose ball for grabs, do you feel confident that we'll get it?

I certainly don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just our guards. We're generally a soft team. It's the kind of players we recruit, tall and athletic rather than tough and physical. Dion brought some of that toughness and we've certainly had some tough players over the years.

But when there's a scrap down low this year, most years, a loose ball for grabs, do you feel confident that we'll get it?

I certainly don't.

Triche's lackluster attempt to dive for the lose ball tonight in the backcourt was truly a sight for sore eyes.

I certainly don't.

Sad, but true.

Triche's lackluster attempt to dive for the lose ball tonight in the backcourt was truly a sight for sore eyes.

Soft, slow and lackadaisical would aptly describe Triche.

Invite the Belgium Banger back for some Kong drills. KO was a human bruise machine. Have him start with the guards until they speed up and attack. Let guards recoup for 2 days.

Then sic KO on the big guys all at once so he can bang 'em all up Chuck Norris style. Repeat until they show some nads.

Keep KO 45 feet from CJ at all times - no injuries needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom