Why aren't we putting Lydon in PnR all game long | Syracusefan.com

Why aren't we putting Lydon in PnR all game long

OrangeFoo

All American
If Lydon is the offensive mismatch we think he is, we should be using him and Gillon on pick and roll action all game long. Lydon can either pop for a J or roll to the basket depending on whether the D switches the pick or not. This is what the NBA does with players who have Lydon's skill set. Gillon can also get to the basket if he chooses to off the pick again depending on what the D does. Put White on the same side as the PnR and Lydon can make a secondary pass to White if his defender helps on the PnR. Have Battle crash the hoop from baseline the other side for another option. Coleman is at the hoop for an easy dump off if his man helps contain the PnR. The danger here is that if the shot doesn't go in the team is not going to be in a great position to get back. But this stuff shouldn't be that bad... kids have been doing the PnR since they started playing hoops.

If Lydon is the offensive mismatch we think he is, we should be using him and Gillon on pick and roll action all game long. Lydon can either pop for a J or roll to the basket depending on whether the D switches the pick or not. This is what the NBA does with players who have Lydon's skill set. Gillon can also get to the basket if he chooses to off the pick again depending on what the D does. Put White on the same side as the PnR and Lydon can make a secondary pass to White if his defender helps on the PnR. Have Battle crash the hoop from baseline the other side for another option. Coleman is at the hoop for an easy dump off if his man helps contain the PnR. The danger here is that if the shot doesn't go in the team is not going to be in a great position to get back. But this stuff shouldn't be that bad... kids have been doing the PnR since they started playing hoops.
I don't like it. I want more poorly set baseline screens with 2 players flaring out the the wing to catch it and pass it back to someone impersonating a point guard.

th

Hi I have been saying the same thing the last year and plus the responses I get are that I am not JB.
JB seems totally disinterested in adapting at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom