Why can't we play like Oklahoma? | Syracusefan.com

Why can't we play like Oklahoma?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Yeah, I know: we don't have their players. But watching them just drop back and throw on every play and defy Texas to stop it, I really think, with Nassib and our receivers, we could play very effectively that way. it;'s basically what we were doing when he completed 22 in a row.

Yeah, I know: we don't have their players. But watching them just drop back and throw on every play and defy Texas to stop it, I really think, with Nassib and our receivers, we could play very effectively that way. it;'s basically what we were doing when he completed 22 in a row.

While we're at it, why can't we play defense like Bama?

Agreed. Have nassib throw it fifty times and let's make tulane stop him

While we're at it, why can't we play defense like Bama?
We might not have Bama's defense but our defense is a heck of a lot more effective at stopping the Wake running game than FSU's ...

We would need to give Nassib time and our receivers would need to get open- two things we don't excel in.

At least you recognize the fatal flaw in your post.

It's like asking "why can't Melo shoot a sky-hook like Kareem Abdul Jabbar?"

We can't play like Oklahoma or LSU or USC for that matter because we don't have the players those teams have.

Coaching is just not as magical as some folks presume.

SU passed on 1st and goal against Jersey State. The pass bounced off the receiver's hands and into those of a Jersey State DB. And 99% of SU fans threw their hands up and said, "Why are we passing on 1st and goal?!"

Half the recruits for the Sooners are high ranked TX kids. Given our location (and our current reputation) it's impossible to go after these kids and as long as we stay in NY, I don't think we'll ever be able to compete against the likes of Bama/Sooners anytime soon.

Here's why:
-We have generally poor route runners
-Our WR's do not get seperation
-Our WR's never seem to handle to jam well

All that said, it's still a function of where we are talent-wise in the rebuilding phase.

44cuse

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nonetheless, the best this offesne has looked all year is when we came out firing vs. USC. All through the Oklahoma game they kept taking aobut Oklahoma's "tempo". Nassib is clearly much better when he's attacking the defense with his arm on most of the plays. When he only passes occassionally, he's much less effective. That's what i'm talking about. I don't think you need five star guys all over the place to play that way.

Nonetheless, the best this offesne has looked all year is when we came out firing vs. USC. All through the Oklahoma game they kept taking aobut Oklahoma's "tempo". Nassib is clearly much better when he's attacking the defense with his arm on most of the plays. When he only passes occassionally, he's much less effective. That's what i'm talking about. I don't think you need five star guys all over the place to play that way.

Fully agree.

stretch Lemon and Chew by 6 inches & 25 pounds each, then give each another 4 inches of vertical and we're there...

SU passed on 1st and goal against Jersey State. The pass bounced off the receiver's hands and into those of a Jersey State DB. And 99% of SU fans threw their hands up and said, "Why are we passing on 1st and goal?!"
I actually heard a guy behind me complain about a run call and than during the play as it broke for like 8 yards he said good call. Unless we gi 13-0 and score on every posession some of our fans will not be happy (that is not directed at the author of the original post, just an observation that no matter what this staff does it will not be enough with the type fans you spoke of and the guy behind me in section 326

I actually heard a guy behind me complain about a run call and than during the play as it broke for like 8 yards he said good call. Unless we gi 13-0 and score on every posession some of our fans will not be happy (that is not directed at the author of the original post, just an observation that no matter what this staff does it will not be enough with the type fans you spoke of and the guy behind me in section 326

If somehting is working we will not complain. If we score one offensive TD in four quarters vs. Rutgers and 21 points vs. an FCS team, we will. And if we look better pursuing a certain strategy than we do using another, people will say so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom