Why did take 5 minutes into the 2nd half to pull Cooney | Syracusefan.com

Why did take 5 minutes into the 2nd half to pull Cooney

Alsacs

Living Legend
And Rak makes 1 mistake and he is gone in like 1 minute. JB took too long to put Grant and Gbijine together.

I won't be surprised if rak gets pushed out this summer with McCollough coming in

And Rak makes 1 mistake and he is gone in like 1 minute. JB took too long to put Grant and Gbijine together.

I agree, but let's not forget that G has been usually ineffective all year. If JB had nurtured a better option (Buss?)...

I won't be surprised if rak gets pushed out this summer with McCollough coming in

McCullough is not a center. He is a talented but soft forward with a terrible motor.

Alsacs said:
They had one run and it was when Gbinije was involved and Cooney was sitting

I know , that was bull, Too much loyalty to Cooney ...he shows me nothing

Yeah, JB is never gonna sit Cooney to start a half like that. It's like moving ARod down to 7th in the lineup in the middle of a playoff series.

Our offense functions best when he's hitting shots, he hooked him pretty quickly. Could probably have been sooner, but oh well.

Pretty much. We were down 6 when Cooney went out, then took the lead with him on the bench. Wonder what his +/- was today.

Jo
Yeah, JB is never gonna sit Cooney to start a half like that. It's like moving ARod down to 7th in the lineup in the middle of a playoff series.

Our offense functions best when he's hitting shots, he hooked him pretty quickly. Could probably have been sooner, but oh well.
Joe Torre moved ARod to 7th in 2006 ALDS.
JB shouldn't have waited 5 minutes to pull a guy WHO HAD NOTHING and Rak gets killed by JB.

And Torre batted ARod 8th against Detroit in '06!

actually they had a mini run in the first half also when they sat mr one dimension's ass on the bench. I've never seen a player who starts for syracuse who can regularly get completely taken out of a game as much as cooney

Jo

Joe Torre moved ARod to 7th in 2006 ALDS.
JB shouldn't have waited 5 minutes to pull a guy WHO HAD NOTHING and Rak gets killed by JB.

Oh I know. When CJ fired that terrible pass that went off Rak's hand in the first half Rak was the one getting yelled at when they made their way back to the bench...

kirbivore said:

Yeah? Who plays center?

Rak isn't going anywhere. He's the only center we have. Nobody knows if DC2 can play and he certainly hasn't shown much and Chino is a project who probably will only play garbage minutes in the cupcake games. So we should be glad to have Rak.

actually they had a mini run in the first half also when they sat mr one dimension's ass on the bench. I've never seen a player who starts for syracuse who can regularly get completely taken out of a game as much as cooney
What kills me is that so many people his infatuated by his "game."

What worries me more is that neither Buss or BJ can get any minutes at all. They must really be struggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom